For those that interviewed already, what did you bring to it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdooner30

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you guys bring a notebook/portfolio, etc? Or did you just go into the interview empty-handed?

Members don't see this ad.

Usually empty handed. Pen in the pocket just in case.

well, i'm a chica, so I brought a small purse and one of those fancy leather porfolios. but in reality you don't need anything because schools give you paper folder with information and you can always make notes there. it is up to you...i felt better holding on to something.

Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
you really don't need anything. I've heard of some people taking examples of artwork for evidence of manual dexterity, and my school offers a dental lab class that allowed me to take some carved teeth/crowns with me, but I don't think it gives anybody a big advantage. Mostly I'd hoped that it would help the interviewer remember me...

I brought a leather prtfolio and I used it for my picture, a copy of my research paper i wrote and presented, and a notepad for me to write notes on.

i think the only things i absolutely needed were pen and watch. some of my interviews did not provide pens and it wouldn't look very professional if you had to ask for one in case you wanted to write down something. and a watch so you can keep track of time and not be late for activities/interviews. GL:luck:

PEN!!!!. I forgot this at an interview and I feel I really needed one during the financial aide presentation. I saw many people bring those leather portfolios... I really thought it was unnecessary (but not over the top). Oh and I also took those Listerine strip things. I figured if I was the admissions committee I would remember the guy that brought the minty freshness!

Just bring a pen and a bag full of confidence. Portfolios are uhh unnecessary

PEN!!!!. I forgot this at an interview and I feel I really needed one during the financial aide presentation. I saw many people bring those leather portfolios... I really thought it was unnecessary (but not over the top). Oh and I also took those Listerine strip things. I figured if I was the admissions committee I would remember the guy that brought the minty freshness!
hahahaha

Ohio State gave everyone a leather portfolio filled with a notebook and all sorts of information about the college, a stress-tooth!

Handkerchief maybe :)

thank you all for the input. I think i'll just bring myself and a pen.:)

A silver flask full of Jack. Jk I only took a pen and some gum.

Leather portfolio w/notepad inside, pen, mints

I think it's not necessary to bring notepad/portfolio -- you'll be provided with everything, and during an interview you don't think about writing smth down.
Just prepare to talk honestly and be confident about what you're saying.
Good luck.