For those that interviewed at BU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rosa

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you remember if they said that we have to submit our official application BEFORE they make a decision on our application or AFTER? Also, when is the first date that they will let us know their decision after the interview? I think they said mid-Dec. but everything is hazy right now and just want to make sure...

Members don't see this ad.

rosa said:
Do you remember if they said that we have to submit our official application BEFORE they make a decision on our application or AFTER? Also, when is the first date that they will let us know their decision after the interview? I think they said mid-Dec. but everything is hazy right now and just want to make sure...

I don't remember about that official application part - but I totally bailed after lunch (had to catch a flight). Wouldn't our official application already be submitted? I'm confused.

I believe BU's earliest notification is mid-January. Did you interview at NYU? Because they're mid-Dec...

ajt2003 said:
I don't remember about that official application part - but I totally bailed after lunch (had to catch a flight). Wouldn't our official application already be submitted? I'm confused.

I believe BU's earliest notification is mid-January. Did you interview at NYU? Because they're mid-Dec...

I was at BU a few weeks ago. As far as I recall, everyone who interviews before christmas will receive a decision, mailed on or around Feb 7. The people who interview in January and later will hear on a rolling basis thereafter.

Treg

Members don't see this ad :)
rosa said:

Its not an official application they need, but an un-official copy of our transcripts. If you interviewed already, they need it by sometime soon because the admissions committee will be meeting and wants to have it to look over.

As for the decision post-interview, the admissions committee will meet in December and will send out decisions on Jan 8th (at least that's what he said when I was there in Nov), and people who are in the not-rejected-continue-to-review category will be reviewed at the next meeting in Feb, etc. From what they said while I was there, only a few are accepted straight away, and a few rejected but most people will go into the continue to review category because they want to have a better view of what the pool will look like come Feb/March. Once you have an interview at BU, your chances are pretty decent considering that they've already done alot of the hard work in just screening people for interviews.

Hang in there, folks! :luck:

yup dr yo is correct i too, was there in nov. they need an unofficial copy of your transcript (and write your amcas # on it) as soon as you can get it to them. i think those who interviewed before xmas hear back sometime in jan