for those that interviewed at NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

temmie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
i just got an interview with NYU and i am excited/ freaking out. I live in california. so what airport do i go to and do they have student hosts and all that good stuff. what do i need to know. This is my first time going to New york and i am freaking out. thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

When is your interview? I will be there next Monday.

wildcatbio06 said:
When is your interview? I will be there next Monday.
i am will schedule it for next tuesday

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice. I am flying Southwest into LGA and am taking a shuttle to my hotel. When I made reservations (or when my Fiance made them for me ;) ) she made sure that our hotel had a shuttle. Much easier and cheaper that way. Good luck.

When I received my interview invitation in November, the email said that they interviewed M-F from Sept. 12 to Dec. 16. I already interviewed, but was wondering if they changed this policy? How are you guys interviewing after Dec. 16th?

Seona said:
When I received my interview invitation in November, the email said that they interviewed M-F from Sept. 12 to Dec. 16. I already interviewed, but was wondering if they changed this policy? How are you guys interviewing after Dec. 16th?

it says we can interview till dec 21

I flew out of JFK and stayed in Greenwich in one of the NYU grad dorms with a friend. A taxi from the NYU main campus costs about $7, so it's totally worth it. The medical school doesn't really have a subway stop close to it, only buses..but I strongly recommend taking a taxi if you're unfamiliar with the city and its transportation system.

the day is pretty relaxed and they give you a tour and stuff. i recommend trying to get an afternoon interview so you can have lunch and see the campus before your interivew. that way, you actually have something to say about the inevitable question, "Why NYU"

does anyone have the link to studen host program. thanks

ablumoon said:
I flew out of JFK and stayed in Greenwich in one of the NYU grad dorms with a friend. A taxi from the NYU main campus costs about $7, so it's totally worth it. The medical school doesn't really have a subway stop close to it, only buses..but I strongly recommend taking a taxi if you're unfamiliar with the city and its transportation system.

the day is pretty relaxed and they give you a tour and stuff. i recommend trying to get an afternoon interview so you can have lunch and see the campus before your interivew. that way, you actually have something to say about the inevitable question, "Why NYU"

Hehe, you had me so confused with "Greenwich". I kept trying to figure out why an NYU grad dorm would be in Connecticut. And then I realized you meant the Village (no one calls it Greenwich or even Greenwich Village in NY). Anyways, sorry, I just found it funny :)

To the OP: if you're going to stay somewhere at NYU's main campus (it's very spread out actually), I believe there's a free NYU shuttle that goes to the Medical Center. I don't know if it's for students only, but it's something to check out to save on the cab fare (which can be more than 7 bucks if there's traffic and such).