For those using interfolio for LOR's...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sundarban1

Devil in disguise
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are the letter writers suppose to send the letters back to interfolio if they are too busy to create and account and fax the letters back? More specfically, are you sending your letter writers self addressed stamed envelopes as well to send the letters back to interfolio, or does interfolio include one when you have your portfolio sent :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

If you follow the instructions on the confidentiality waver that you can print out once you've added a document, you will see that the letter writer need only a) send a signed print-out of the confidentiality waver and his letter to interfolio, b) fax the waver and the letter to the fax number listed on the waver itself, or c) can electronically upload the letter using the identification number at the bottom of the waver. You don't need to give them any stamped envelopes or anything like that. And the greatest thing is that they only need to send the letter once and you can use it as many times as you want!

How are the letter writers suppose to send the letters back to interfolio if they are too busy to create and account and fax the letters back? More specfically, are you sending your letter writers self addressed stamed envelopes as well to send the letters back to interfolio, or does interfolio include one when you have your portfolio sent :confused:

My amigo seems to be having just as much difficulty as I am with my LOR writers.... so far I am 1/4 in getting letters actually submitted to my portfolio... this after sending my requests nearly two months ago!! Which reminds me that I need to send out reminders to the other three.

To answer your actual questions... the one prof who did submit his letter did so by mailing it in (I did not provide an envelope for him). There is also a little trick... once you go through the confidentiality statement and generate the cover sheet for your LOR writers, in addition to printing a copy, you can actually save the page as a Netscape file, and then e-mail it to your LOR writers.... just so they can have those few extra days that it would take to reach them by snail mail to procrastinate some more!! I think the problem is we're asking people from small colleges who probably don't have much experience with mad quantities of pre-meds asking for countless LORs.... once they do sign up I think they'll realize how simple the entire process really is! Good thing we're starting so early!