For those who are still waiting for the LOR's

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Toejam, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Toejam

Toejam Terminal Student

I posted a few days ago that I was still waiting for 3 profs to finish their LOR's. I was asking for advice on how I could gently remind these wonderful people that their failure to write the letter could mean the difference between life and death (well, ok, not that bad).

Anyhoo, I figured I had little to lose by sending them an e-mail. I decided to send it as part reminder and part joke. I basically said that their's was the last and was necessary. I also said something like "make sure you send the one that has all of the exaggerations and positive remarks". I'm telling those who are still waiting this story because I got an instant reply from all 3 and they ALL forgot to do it (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). But, they apologized and said that they'd do it right away.

So, the moral is, be a goofy joker and the world is your oyster.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tkim

tkim 10 cc's cordrazine
    Physician

Attending Physician
    Well, I didn't do that for mu academic letters, 'cause I didn't really know them all that well. But for my DO letter writer, who was a former medic partner of mine for many years, I told him that the letter should be low-key - like how I saved him from a life of crack addiction, etc. He wrote back that when he was finished, and that he had to shower three times after writing it, he felt so dirty. Heh.

- Tae