For those who are taking TPR NOW...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lea

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I have the wrong set of books.
I signed up for the course, but they said that they'd give me the books piece-meal, and now I have some missing books, some old editions,etc.

Can someone who is taking the TPR MCAT course now (studying for April 2005 exam) please list the books that you got, and the version number and copyright date? (I think they gave the books in a black bookbag)

I only got 4 books, all 2003 copyright...

Members don't see this ad.

You are supposed to get the following:

A paper thin question and review science book

A very thick Biological Sciences review book

A very thick Physical Sciences review book

A very thick Science Workbook

A Verbal review book

A verbal workbook

A in class compendium, that is the size of your Verbal book.

thanks, gujuDoc,
could you tell me the copyright dates and the version numbers?

all of mine say 2003, is that right? (I thought I was preparing for April 2005...)

In addition to what guju lists, you should receive a book of practice tests A-D. Sometimes this goes out late, because students shouldn't touch it until the end, and it's possible some offices don't give it out at all.

If they say 2003 on the spine, that's odd. The 2004s have been out for a year; I don't know when the next edition is due. It matters very little as long as everyone in the class has the same books, though, because the content stays the same. The only interesting changes are in the ICC (in-class compendium), where passages come and go, but it would be fine to use the old edition if that's what your office has -- I actually prefer the physics passages in the 2003 edition.

Good luck,

Shrike
(TPR physics, verbal, and biology)

Shrike said:
In addition to what guju lists, you should receive a book of practice tests A-D. Sometimes this goes out late, because students shouldn't touch it until the end, and it's possible some offices don't give it out at all.

If they say 2003 on the spine, that's odd. The 2004s have been out for a year; I don't know when the next edition is due. It matters very little as long as everyone in the class has the same books, though, because the content stays the same. The only interesting changes are in the ICC (in-class compendium), where passages come and go, but it would be fine to use the old edition if that's what your office has -- I actually prefer the physics passages in the 2003 edition.

Good luck,

Shrike
(TPR physics, verbal, and biology)

I got a 2004 edition of books.

Anyhow, some test centers give you the tests A-D as a packet, others give it to you upon requests.

At my test center, they give you 4911, 4921, 4931 and AAMC 5R-7.

If you request from them they are more than willing to give you A-D and 4941-4961.

They also have some online drills which actually equal out to one full length test as well.