For those who completed Case's secondary...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZappBrannigan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How in depth did you go with the research description? For example, I did a two-hybrid screen, should I start off explaining what it is or assume they know? *sigh* These are two long essays.

Members don't see this ad.

I wrote the premise of the research problem. The hypothesis, and the actual results obtained via blank and blank procedure. I assumed that they had a background in basic research techniques, but not in my field- so anything that was field specific I wrote out more fully ie wrote the premise to what causes glaucoma and the hypothesis of a natural mechanism of regulation and how this fit in with our investigation. Nothing more than a sentence in each spot. It comes off understandable except for the details of the procedures used themselves and I feel like that would be true across the board for any research and its the area about which they'll be least concerned.

Hrmm, what if your research was conducted at a private institution where you signed non disclosure agreements?

Pinkertinkle said:
Hrmm, what if your research was conducted at a private institution where you signed non disclosure agreements?

Good question... I think if you speak generally about the work you have done and the progress you have made, without getting into specific details (like this specific compound showed bacterial inhbition upon phenotypic screen but these six others didn't) than you should be okay... non-disclosure and non-compete clauses generally apply to to when you leave your current place of business to work at another firm in the same industry... it's not like your applying for another job in the same field, just applying to med school... no one interviewing you at case is gonna try and run off the next day using the info you gave him/her and starting their own company :D