For those who have interviewed at BU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myID

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sorry if this is a repeat thread, but I couldn't find anything when I ran a search. I just wanted to know if anyone could recommend a place to stay and if the interview day really ends at 3 pm. What is the earliest flight that you think I could catch? Would 5:45 be cutting it too close? If you wanted to offer any other tips I would appreciate that as well. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at 69 Boston Road. They have free breakfast, as well as a free shuttle to the BU medical center, and to the New England Medical Center (Tufts medical center). That hotel brought me good luck too; see this thread for my story. As for your interview day, the way it works as that you have one 1 hour interview, and that's it. Your specific time will be assigned when you get there. After your interview, you can leave when you have to without any big repercussions. I was sick my interview day, so after my interview was over, I just told the secretary that I wasn't feeling well and just left before lunch and the tour and everything. I just got my acceptance letter yesterday, so my early departure didn't hurt apparently. Getting a 5:45 plane is really close. Even if you get out of the interview in time, you'll have to face rush hour traffic. I would recommend taking a later flight, or take an early morning flight the next morning if that's a possibility. Good luck.

Wow! That's a great story. Congrats on your acceptance and thanks for the advice.