For those who shadowed...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JeetKuneDo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How far in advance did you contact the physician? I was thinking if I called to shadow in two weeks, that would be too soon? Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

How far in advance did you contact the physician? I was thinking if I called to shadow in two weeks, that would be too soon? Any thoughts?

I contacted him on Monday, I believe. Will be shadowing this Friday. If you have a specific date in mind, 2 weeks is polite. I just emailed the doctor and asked him if I could shadow. He said lets talk. I was already at the hospital on Wednesday, so we did. He gave me a schedule, asked me when was good for me, and now I'm going to watch on Friday.

Well my general physician I asked initially and was shadowing within a month- after that I usually gave her 1-2 weeks of notice when I wanted to come in and would just call her with a couple dates for possibilities.

To do hospital shadowing it took months because of paperwork- I contacted the physician in the spring and it was the next January when I shadowed because of hospital "red tape"... I thank God for the physician because she worked super hard to get me in at all!