JeetKuneDo

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
How far in advance did you contact the physician? I was thinking if I called to shadow in two weeks, that would be too soon? Any thoughts?

mmmcdowe

Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
How far in advance did you contact the physician? I was thinking if I called to shadow in two weeks, that would be too soon? Any thoughts?

I contacted him on Monday, I believe. Will be shadowing this Friday. If you have a specific date in mind, 2 weeks is polite. I just emailed the doctor and asked him if I could shadow. He said lets talk. I was already at the hospital on Wednesday, so we did. He gave me a schedule, asked me when was good for me, and now I'm going to watch on Friday.

justdoit31

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]

Well my general physician I asked initially and was shadowing within a month- after that I usually gave her 1-2 weeks of notice when I wanted to come in and would just call her with a couple dates for possibilities.

To do hospital shadowing it took months because of paperwork- I contacted the physician in the spring and it was the next January when I shadowed because of hospital "red tape"... I thank God for the physician because she worked super hard to get me in at all!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.