For those who submitted successfully, I need details

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

emdeetwobee

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can you give me all possible AMCAS numbers? I couldn't reach them using the number the posted on the website.

I have the same problem, cannot submit but been charged multiple times, and unlike the rest of you, I need my credit card, and the credit card company won't clear it without AAMC's authorization. I emailed AMCAS, but I keep receiving the same useless bulk e-mail response.

For those who submitted successfully, please describe exactly how, what screen will show that submission was successful and/or e-mail confirmation, what browser, etc. used and where you did it (Kinko's, library, school, etc.)? Thanks.
 
I submitted successfully (after being charged multiple times on my credit card). Call AMCAS (202-828-0600) to complain about the multiple charges.

The screen that showed successful submission first asked me to write down a confirmation number and then a screen telling me to have a nice day. I used Internet Explorer 5.00 and did it on my computer at work connected via a 256K cable modem.

By the way, the first few of the multiple charges were on a debit card which reduced my bank balance by $2,520. It took about five days between the time I first submitted and when the money started being withdrawn from my account. I'm still waiting for the money to return.
 
Finally, I succeeded using AOL 5.0, 56K modem. Now I have to contend with multiple charges. I just had to get that blasted thing transmitted. I'll try the number again. Whew! No more sleepless nights for me. Sometimes I wonder why the journey onto becoming a doctor, at least in the U.S.A. can be so difficult.