For those with USC interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dopaminesurge

My friends calls me Steve
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you post your stats or MDApps or something?

Gurgle...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure their scores aren't going to be any better than yours, if that's what your wondering. Didn't you have a 38 or 39 on the MCAT? If you haven't gotten an interview, I doubt it has anything to do with your stats. When were you complete at USC? More likely than not, they haven't reviewed your app. Some schools take a long time to get back to applicants.

I'm pretty sure their scores aren't going to be any better than yours, if that's what your wondering. Didn't you have a 38 or 39 on the MCAT? If you haven't gotten an interview, I doubt it has anything to do with your stats. When were you complete at USC? More likely than not, they haven't reviewed your app. Some schools take a long time to get back to applicants.

Probably Sept. or something...?

Maybe the better question would be "when were you guys complete?"

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, I am a non-CA resident, complete in September. My MCAT was mid-30's and my GPA is about a 3.9 (from a state school....if that matters). I got the invite about 2 weeks ago, but was just recently able to schedule it (turns out the scheduling process leaves something to be desired...something about offering interviews before opening dates to schedule them).

Probably Sept. or something...?

Maybe the better question would be "when were you guys complete?"

Aw, what, you didn't believe me when I told you how disorganized they are? ;)

Aw, what, you didn't believe me when I told you how disorganized they are? ;)

I believe you, Jo... I'm just, you know, neurotic.

BTW, new insight into my G-man. I'll have to give you the analysis.

I was complete 9/28. Still waiting.

I was complete early sep... interview next week

I was complete 8/8 and just heard last week. Bad part is the first available interviews aren't until January, and they just opened up the Jan/Feb. schedule. So . . . have patience, they interview way out until march. Check my signature for stats if you're interested.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a joke. Right?

I was drunk, you were drunk. I'm pretty sure you're who I'm thinking of......an attractive brunette, worked with kids (or adults?) with disabilities? I don't know, it could have been someone else.

I was drunk, you were drunk. I'm pretty sure you're who I'm thinking of......an attractive brunette, worked with kids (or adults?) with disabilities? I don't know, it could have been someone else.
Whaaaaaat?
I don't know... Maybe... Uh.

Feel like PMing me a picture?

:laugh:

This is hilarious. So much for internet anonymity.

Whaaaaaat?
I don't know... Maybe... Uh.

Feel like PMing me a picture?

Fabio's%20Ugly%20Little%20Brother%20.jpg_thumb.jpg

That was me 2 years ago. Your standards were pretty low back then. Or maybe it was just the alcohol...hmmm

Fabio's%20Ugly%20Little%20Brother%20.jpg_thumb.jpg

That was me 2 years ago. Your standards were pretty low back then. Or maybe it was just the alcohol...hmmm

Oh yeah, totally. It was that party at Stebbins, right?

So you were in 160 the semester with Dan, Isacoff and Scott?

Btw, dopamine, who was your UCLA faculty interviewer....wondering if we had the same interviewer.

BTW, for those who saw this early: he admitted he was just screwin' with me in a PM. No anonymous, drunken makeouts for me, man. :p

USC has shown me no love either
maybe its time to write them a little something

Complete @ USC on 9/1/06
Interview Invite sent to me on 9/11/06
Interview next week

Glck! :luck:

PG

hi DS. sdn missed you :D

hi DS. sdn missed you :D

I expect a FedExed burrito on my desk, STAT.

And Denmark Doctor, I am most definitely a guy. But a hot one. Call me Carl.

P.S. Did you really just make a barf icon for the suggestion of gay men? How 18th century.

I expect a FedExed burrito on my desk, STAT.

And Denmark Doctor, I am most definitely a guy. But a hot one. Call me Carl.

P.S. Did you really just make a barf icon for the suggestion of gay men? How 18th century.

Wow, good to know.

Ps. did you really just make a pass at me?:barf:

dopamine is female. check pics thread.

Complete @ USC on 9/1/06
Interview Invite sent to me on 9/11/06
Interview next week

Glck! :luck:

PG

Congrats on the interview - you're coming at a good time for seeing happy students. Last week we were in exams, this week is rebound happiness (which should last at least another week or two), and next week is right before the class trip to Vegas.

If they take you through MDL 159 I'll say hi. :D

Just got my interview invite!!
mid-30 mcat, 3.5 gpa.
complete early sept.
basic/clinical research, emt work.

I'm pumped. Only my second interview.

good luck to ya! I'm a big fan of dopamine myself.

Just got my interview invite!!
mid-30 mcat, 3.5 gpa.
complete early sept.
basic/clinical research, emt work.

I'm pumped. Only my second interview.

good luck to ya! I'm a big fan of dopamine myself.

I blush... Good luck on your interview! Drop a good note for me when you're there. Why don't they love me? +pity+

Did you and I also not make out drunkenly at a party?

And also, I love Isacoff. Dearly. I'd marry him.

haha no. I dun remember anyone from that class. However, I also loved Isacoff. He was not very organized in his lecture, but still can't resist his charms. :love:

haha no. I dun remember anyone from that class. However, I also loved Isacoff. He was not very organized in his lecture, but still can't resist his charms. :love:

Seriously... I had a major crush on Isacoff. I showed up to office hours too much, probably... :love:

Seriously... I had a major crush on Isacoff. I showed up to office hours too much, probably... :love:

I didn't actually go to his office hours but when I bumped into him at Strada (although he didn't know who I was) that made my day. He's definitely one of the hottest profs at Berkeley!

hehe We are transforming this thread into "Isacoff Thread."

I didn't actually go to his office hours but when I bumped into him at Strada (although he didn't know who I was) that made my day. He's definitely one of the hottest profs at Berkeley!

hehe We are transforming this thread into "Isacoff Thread."

:love:

Postscript: check new thread subject.

BTW, for those who saw this early: he admitted he was just screwin' with me in a PM. No anonymous, drunken makeouts for me, man. :p

Yes, sorry for the let-down, folks. No drunken makeout with Dopaminesurge occurred while we shared a bedro....I mean classroom.....to learn bio stuff. Yup :rolleyes:

Oh, and professor Isacoff.....although I'm a dude, I also fantasize about Dr. Isacoff jump-roping topless in slow motion while licking his lips.

i got an interview at usc last semester and was waitlisted, but not accepted. anyway, i just wanted to say that i met two cal alums at my interview, and both were the most arrogant a-holes i have ever met in my life. i was embarrassed to say that i was a senior at berkeley. the sad thing is, i'm pretty sure at least one of the two got in. don't worry though, everyone else was cool...

i got an interview at usc last semester and was waitlisted, but not accepted. anyway, i just wanted to say that i met two cal alums at my interview, and both were the most arrogant a-holes i have ever met in my life. i was embarrassed to say that i was a senior at berkeley. the sad thing is, i'm pretty sure at least one of the two got in. don't worry though, everyone else was cool...

What were your approx stats?

wow, people are getting shady on their md apps. I guess i can no longer believe the ones that i see, Oh well.