? for UCLA undergrads that took Chem 11 series

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trying2becomeMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am filling out GWU secondary.

What are you filling in for General Chem 6hrs? I understand 6 hours semister means 1 year quarter system. What are we supposed to put in for this if you took 11 series? UCLA only offered 11A and 11B, followed by 132A and 132B, right? So, for requirements for GChem and Org Chem 1 year each, what are we supposed to do???

I called the admission office, and the lady told me "take a summer course of chem." Although I believe what she is telling me to be true, (mainly having 3 chem quarters to fulfill requirement), i can not understand how all the pre-meds at UCLA could handle this problem simply by taking a summer school.

What did you do for this problem?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't waste your time taking chem in summer school (unless you like the subject, of course). If you took the chem lab courses (general and organic), that counts toward the requirement. That should give you enough units. :D

Don't worry too much. As long as you take Chem 153A and L, you don't have a problem. I got into GW this past year with the Chem 11 series and 132 series and they told me that my 153A/L helped satisfy the chem requirement. Hope this helps! Also, UCSD doesn't care about the lack of 3 quarters in the 132 series as long as you have 153A... that's where I'm going, yeah!