Forbearance a problem with HPLRP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notdeadyet

Still in California
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if loans being in forbearance preclude them from payout for the Healthcare Professional Loan Repayment Program (HLPRP)?

I'm printing out my NSLDS loan pages for submission for HPLRP and notice that all my federal loans are in forbearance. I didn't request this, but I believe it automatically happened in mid-March due to COVID.

Do I need to contact lenders to get them out of forbearance before submitting HPLRP or will the military pay out loans in forbearance?

I'm waiting to hear back from the Incentives person but they are not always responsive and I want to take care of this ASAP. I'll post anything I learn offline here, as I'm assuming this will impact lots of the Reserve types.

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I know as long as they aren't in default it makes no difference for HLPRP. If they have the account numbers for your loans they will submit payment to the loan companies for the loans.

Thanks for the info, everyone. This is tracking with what I’m being told by Army. I’ll re-post when I actually see the money. Well, when my lenders do.... sigh...

Reactions: 1 user