foreign bachelor degree and GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xiao0821

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have some questions about application.

I have a foreign bachelor degree in pharmacy with low GPA 3.0. I also have an US master degree in pharmaceutical science with GPA 3.72. I am with green card and I want to do a post-bac program before application. I heard many people say AMCAS does not accept foreign transcripts. So will my foreign undergraduate GPA hurt my application? Or it wouldn't be asked during my application?

Thanks for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a foreign bachelor degree in pharmacy with low GPA 3.0. I also have an US master degree in pharmaceutical science with GPA 3.72. I am with green card and I want to do a post-bac program before application. I heard many people say AMCAS does not accept foreign transcripts. So will my foreign undergraduate GPA hurt my application? Or it wouldn't be asked during my application?

Thanks for your time.
Some schools will allow masters degrees credits earned in the US or Canada to count toward their minimum US credit requirements, which vary from 30 to 90 semester hours (and rarely another full bachelors degree). Schools vary widely in what they require, so you will need to do website reading or phoning to figure things out.

Here is a list of educational minimums someone else compiled recently, to start you off. (Please post in the thread if you can add to it.): For Canadian/international students trying to build a school list (MD)

That you already have a green card is a huge advantage, as your application will be considered on par with that of a US citizen.

Also see: A Guide to Applying US Med School with a Foreign Bachelor Degree

Reactions: 1 user