Foreign currency money markt accounts

Started by Drwine
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Drwine

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In preparation for semiretirement I increased my cash holdings to 2 years of living expenses to maintain comfort in being fully invested in stocks and bonds. Looking at the increase in the dollar against the Euro and the British Pound has tempted me to use some of it to open money market accounts in euros and pounds. At the very least I know that my future travel will have what have historically been great exchange rates. Anyone else with similar thoughts?
 
Interesting Idea!

I just looked up the Russian Ruble...

1 Russian Ruble = 0.017 United States Dollar
You could make a killing with very little investment on that one! (Tongue firmly in cheek)