What is currency trading?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nameeta26

Reaction score
I want to learn about it. Please help.

Members don't see this ad.

Currency trading is refered to as forex or FX (short for foreign exchange). It takes 3-5 years to learn to be profitable and most people lose all of their money within 3-6 months because it's highly leveraged, at around 100x. Before you learn about trading, you should learn about the educators. Here's a good video to watch. Anton Kreil is a pretty well known trader.

Send some specific questions and maybe I can direct you a little more.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for the replies. I really appreciate it but I want to know more about it. Is there any way to learn it in-depth to trade successfully?

Thank you so much for the replies. I really appreciate it but I want to know more about it. Is there any way to learn it in-depth to trade successfully?
Stop asking people to spoon-feed you information that can be gleaned from doing a simple web search. It makes me think you're a forum troll or a future spammer.

Don't bother. You will lose all your money
Don't bother. You will lose all your money
Resident here in the process of applying to fellowships. Started trading this year and already tripled my initial investment. Despite the fact that almost got wiped out first month. Indeed wouldn't listen to anything on here besides investopedia and tread carefully. I personally would like to get my hands on a good macroeconomics text. It would be nice to understand how inflation and rates and oil correlate throughout the past 50 years.

It would be nice to understand how inflation and rates and oil correlate throughout the past 50 years.

I can see no way that would provide you with any useful information in the future.

Thank you for the replies. They are helpful. Investopedia can be helpful but I wanted to know about it based on peoples experience as they can explain it better than any books or websites.