Foreign DDS approved for NBDE, is there eligibility duration?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

littlealex

little tiny alex
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
Quick question for a friend, once a foreign DDS gets the eligibility for NBDE Part I and the Dentpin, is there an eligibility duration? Or can you schedule the test for whenever? Do you have to take the NBDE within 1 year? Or can you wait 1.5 years before taking the NBDE Part I test?

Thanks,
 
Hey guys,
Quick question for a friend, once a foreign DDS gets the eligibility for NBDE Part I and the Dentpin, is there an eligibility duration? Or can you schedule the test for whenever? Do you have to take the NBDE within 1 year? Or can you wait 1.5 years before taking the NBDE Part I test?

Thanks,


Currently it's for one year, but starting in 2012 it's only for 6 months.