Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Foreign dentists and US specialty? PLZ try to help!

Discussion in 'Dental' started by Cro-dentist, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Cro-dentist

Cro-dentist Junior Member

How can foreign dentists specialize in the U.S.A? Anyone know of a web site that contains that info? If not, anyone know the answer to my question?

THX

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Henna

Moderator Emeritus

I think you should look into MATCH program .

4. Cro-dentist

I am sorry MATCH program? What is that?

5. Cro-dentist

Oh yea, I have U.S citizenship. Just in case anyone was wondering. :)

6. Henna

Moderator Emeritus

<a href="http://www.natmatch.com/dentres/denapsrc.htm" target="_blank">Match program</a>
    Check that out.
    The website below each of the addresses on the link should give u a better idea.
    Hope that helps.

7. priya26

priya26 Member

To the best of my knowledge:-There are two types of residencies: one that pays you and the other in which you pay. Paid ones are generally with the hospitals where you also work for them.(only GD and OS) The other ones are with different universities where they charge you a huge amount every year but the choice of specialities is more. You can specialize in any field.
    I know for sure that you can apply in paid(the one in which you pay) ones i.e. through directly contacting different schools but where they have to pay youi.e. through match I dont think you can qualify.

8. Cro-dentist

GD and OS? What those that mean? Since I didn't finish dental school in the states you need to fill in the blanks guys :/ Why cant I go with the match program? And what those the match program do anyway?