Foreign dentists and US specialty? PLZ try to help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cro-dentist

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How can foreign dentists specialize in the U.S.A? Anyone know of a web site that contains that info? If not, anyone know the answer to my question?

THX

Members don't see this ad.

I am sorry MATCH program? What is that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yea, I have U.S citizenship. Just in case anyone was wondering. :)

<a href="http://www.natmatch.com/dentres/denapsrc.htm" target="_blank">Match program</a>
Check that out.
The website below each of the addresses on the link should give u a better idea.
Hope that helps.

To the best of my knowledge:-There are two types of residencies: one that pays you and the other in which you pay. Paid ones are generally with the hospitals where you also work for them.(only GD and OS) The other ones are with different universities where they charge you a huge amount every year but the choice of specialities is more. You can specialize in any field.
I know for sure that you can apply in paid(the one in which you pay) ones i.e. through directly contacting different schools but where they have to pay youi.e. through match I dont think you can qualify.

GD and OS? What those that mean? Since I didn't finish dental school in the states you need to fill in the blanks guys :/ Why cant I go with the match program? And what those the match program do anyway?