Foreign graduate pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Laineybells

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I am a foreign graduate pharmacist wanting to practice in the US however I graduated a four year BS pharmacy after 2003. Can I just take Masterals for my pharmacy after my four year pharmacy degree so I can be qualified to apply for equivalence in ECE?

Please help me on this one! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

You can't do Masters. You have to do FPGEE. But before that you have to pass thru other barriers like passing TOEFL and getting intern hours from the state you intend to practice in

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You can't do Masters. You have to do FPGEE. But before that you have to pass thru other barriers like passing TOEFL and getting intern hours from the state you intend to practice in

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

She can't do FPGEE because her education doesn't meet the minimum requirements. In terms of U.S degrees, only the PharmD will allow you to take NAPLEX. With regards to international degrees counting towards the 5 year minimum, you should contact NABP.

She can't do FPGEE because her education doesn't meet the minimum requirements. In terms of U.S degrees, only the PharmD will allow you to take NAPLEX. With regards to international degrees counting towards the 5 year minimum, you should contact NABP.

No, the PharmD is not necessarily required:

To take the NAPLEX and/or MPJE, candidates must meet the eligibility requirements of the board of pharmacy from which they are seeking licensure. The board will determine your eligibility to take the examinations in accordance with the jurisdiction’s requirements.

https://nabp.pharmacy/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/NAPLEX_MPJE_Bulletin_04-10-17.pdf

For Texas:
Information for Pharmacists

which allows a FPGEC as an equivalent.

FPGEC | National Association of Boards of Pharmacy

HOWEVER, certain states exempt Canada from taking FPGEC. Minnesota historically and is presently one of them due to the agreement with Manitoba under NAFTA.

https://mn.gov/boards/assets/New Pharmacist Information 317_tcm21-29309.pdf