Foreign Pharm Bachelors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virilep

What can Brown do for u?
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, I never post in here, i usually stick to Pre-Allo. but my cousin just moved from India and she's got her bachelors in pharmacy. do you know what states it's easier to get her licensed in the states? Any help would be greatlllly appreciated. Thanks guys. (and gals)

Members don't see this ad.

Oh, I'd like to ask about the Canadian B.Pharm also..
I have a friend working down there as a regular retail pharmacist.
I'm wondering if hospitals will still take B.Pharms, or will they still prefer pharm D's?

I think I asked this before.. but I forgot.
Thansk!

we have a student who has her BS from korea but is working on her pharmD

i don't know anything about foreign degrees but i know the new language of the laws state "pharm D"

as for hospitals....
for clinical positions they typically want pharm D residency trained (depending on hospital) unless you've been working there for a while.

As far as the easier states to be liscensed in... most require a law test but there are states that have a seperate "board" exam. i would avoid those states (as you are able to recriprocate into them later)

is there a region of the country your cousin will be living in??

hey she actually lives in jersey. but my cousin is thinkin about relocating. so wherever the licensing is easier I suppose. I'd figure the southern states would be more lenient. because of the high demand.