Foreign Trained PT - TX - Job Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txpt1985

Reaction score
I am a foreign trained PT from India, passed NPTE this year , licensed for state of TX and authorized to work in USA. I have applied for job openings from indeed and similar job sites, but not getting any calls for interview. Seems like i am not approaching this the correct way. Any advice will be helpful on the best way to find the real job opening and get calls for interview.

Members don't see this ad.

How long have you been applying? I would think you should hear something from someone within a week. Indeed worked pretty well for me (I am not a foreign trained though). Since you have license in TX, it should not make any difference where you got your degree... Maybe double check your resume and make sure it is not screwed up. If you applied for jobs that had been posted a while ago, they may not be available any longer, and that may be a reason you do not hear back from them. Also half of the job listings are posted by recruiters and many recruiters are pretty slow in responding from my experience, unless it is a brand new job opening.