Foreign Trained PT - TX - Job Advice

Started by txpt1985
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

txpt1985

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a foreign trained PT from India, passed NPTE this year , licensed for state of TX and authorized to work in USA. I have applied for job openings from indeed and similar job sites, but not getting any calls for interview. Seems like i am not approaching this the correct way. Any advice will be helpful on the best way to find the real job opening and get calls for interview.
 
How long have you been applying? I would think you should hear something from someone within a week. Indeed worked pretty well for me (I am not a foreign trained though). Since you have license in TX, it should not make any difference where you got your degree... Maybe double check your resume and make sure it is not screwed up. If you applied for jobs that had been posted a while ago, they may not be available any longer, and that may be a reason you do not hear back from them. Also half of the job listings are posted by recruiters and many recruiters are pretty slow in responding from my experience, unless it is a brand new job opening.