Foreign Transcript for AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LittlePuppy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had my foreign transcript evalualated by WES. I know that foreign coursework is not counted when inputting courses at AMCAS.. but my foreign transcript was received by a US institution and they took some of the coursework applicable to them. So when I view my unoffocial transcript, it shows my foreign coursework as well. But when I order an official transcript, it shows my foreign university with 0 grades and 0 hours, and the coursework done at their university. So I'm confused. Do I enter my foreign coursework in AMCAS even if it is NOT in the official transcript? I'd prefer not to enter it because the grades aren't so good tbh, but I also want to make sure I don't make a mistake. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Your school transcript should be the source of entry into AMCAS. If the transferred credits are 0 in your school transcript Then I dont see why you need to enter it AMCAS.

Reactions: 1 user
I had my foreign transcript evalualated by WES. I know that foreign coursework is not counted when inputting courses at AMCAS.. but my foreign transcript was received by a US institution and they took some of the coursework applicable to them. So when I view my unoffocial transcript, it shows my foreign coursework as well. But when I order an official transcript, it shows my foreign university with 0 grades and 0 hours, and the coursework done at their university. So I'm confused. Do I enter my foreign coursework in AMCAS even if it is NOT in the official transcript? I'd prefer not to enter it because the grades aren't so good tbh, but I also want to make sure I don't make a mistake. Any suggestions?
Try this thread which has lots of Q&A *~*~*~* Official AMCAS Questions Thread 2020-2021 *~*~*~*

or this Transcript Exception

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Your school transcript should be the source of entry into AMCAS. If the transferred credits are 0 in your school transcript Then I dont see why you need to enter it AMCAS.
Got it! Awesome! Thank you!

If my foreign coursework had grades in the unofficial transcript but 0 in the official one, then I don’t need to input it, right? Because it’s not in the official?

I am a little confused here. if we are talking about an Official US college transcripts and their awarding credit or accepting transfer credits from foriegn college, if and only if these credits appear on the official transcript should they be reported on AMCAS application
Sorry if it's not clear. So my foreign transcript was received by the US institution. WES evaluated it and all. And then in the unofficial transcript, they have some courses from the foreign transcript with a letter grade. When I obtained the official transcript, it shows my foreign school has 0 credit hours and 0 gpa, while my grades for the courses in that US institute was written there.

And my comment from before remains in place. If these course are not on the OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT, then you do not need to report them
A couple months later and I'm about to apply. Just need to clarify:

Late to the party, but I am in a similar dilemma. Received my transcript from the US school. It shows no grade for the foreign transcript, but a couple of "ehrs". Then on the bottom it shows total institution hours: x (the amount of hours I did in the US institution) and completely neglected the foreign institution "ehrs". What do I do then? Thanks!