Foreign Veterinary Graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
a lot of vets. have gone into nursing bcs of the frustration of the ECFVG.they will rather do something tht they can easily pass instead of waiting endlessly to pass the ecfvg.
And of course they go through it without stress .

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
a lot of vets. have gone into nursing bcs of the frustration of the ECFVG.they will rather do something tht they can easily pass instead of waiting endlessly to pass the ecfvg.
And of course they go through it without stress .

I have read this thread for a while, but never posted. dvmjackish, you give great advice and I have so much respect for you and your journey to become a US vet!

To be honest, it's silly for other vets to not even attempt the ECFVG and go into other fields instead. I am doing the ECFVG and really stressed out, but once you start studying it gets easier and I already passed the BCSE using the National Vet Med series books and my own notes. Now it is done, the bad memories start to fade quickly! Seriously, if you put all the effort and money into graduating from vet school, why not have a last push and get to do what you want to do in the US? I understand if you don't WANT to be a vet anymore, but to be put off by the exams seems kind of short sighted. Once you start, it really doesn't seem as bad as it may first appear, and when I get fed up and stressed out at studying, I just think about how I am becoming a better vet by doing this, and it will be worth it in the end as I will be a US vet and never have to do it again! You can take as long as you need to study, save money and do the exams, and I do believe that anyone who made it through vet school CAN do the exams if they try hard enough. If you study and research to find out what books you need (which really isn't that hard), then you will make it. I know this is easy for me to say as I already speak english, but if vets are taking other medical jobs, they presumably can understand english too.

Best of luck to everyone studying, you WILL make it if you just persist and study hard :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyvet
I have read this thread for a while, but never posted. dvmjackish, you give great advice and I have so much respect for you and your journey to become a US vet!

To be honest, it's silly for other vets to not even attempt the ECFVG and go into other fields instead. I am doing the ECFVG and really stressed out, but once you start studying it gets easier and I already passed the BCSE using the National Vet Med series books and my own notes. Now it is done, the bad memories start to fade quickly! Seriously, if you put all the effort and money into graduating from vet school, why not have a last push and get to do what you want to do in the US? I understand if you don't WANT to be a vet anymore, but to be put off by the exams seems kind of short sighted. Once you start, it really doesn't seem as bad as it may first appear, and when I get fed up and stressed out at studying, I just think about how I am becoming a better vet by doing this, and it will be worth it in the end as I will be a US vet and never have to do it again! You can take as long as you need to study, save money and do the exams, and I do believe that anyone who made it through vet school CAN do the exams if they try hard enough. If you study and research to find out what books you need (which really isn't that hard), then you will make it. I know this is easy for me to say as I already speak english, but if vets are taking other medical jobs, they presumably can understand english too.

Best of luck to everyone studying, you WILL make it if you just persist and study hard :)[/quote]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Lucyvet for your input. Good luck to you.

Lucyvet. what is tthis national vet. series ?
are they series of books like these?
Small Animal Internal Medicine (National Veterinary Medical Series) (Paperback)by Darcy H., DVM, MVSc Shaw (Author), Sherri L., DVM, MVSc Ihle

Large Animal Internal Medicine (National Veterinary Medical Series) (Paperback)

by Timothy Ogilvie (Author), John R. Pringle (Author), Sherri L., DVM, MVSc Ihle (Author), Jeanne Lofstedt (Author)

Pharmacology (Paperback)

by Franklin A. Ahrens (Author)

Blackwell 's Five-Minute Veterinary Consult: Canine and Feline (Blackwell's Five-Minute Veterinary Consult) (Hardcover)

by Larry P. Tilley (Author), Francis W. K., Jr. Smith (Author)

Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook, Desk Edition (Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook) (Paperback)

by Donald C. Plumb (Author)

Veterinary Board Review (CD-ROM) (CD-ROM)

by Paul Pratt (Author), Atherton (Author), Abrahams (Author)

Small Animal Surgery Textbook (Hardcover)

by Theresa Welch Fossum (Author)

Textbook of Veterinary Diagnostic Radiology (Textbook Of Veterinary Diagnostic Radiology) (Hardcover)

by Donald E. Thrall (

Small Animal Internal Medicine: Case Management Test Booklet (National Veterinary Medical Series) (Paperback)

by Darcy H., DVM, MVSc Shaw (Author), Sherri L., DVM, MVSc Ihle (Author)

Small Animal Medical Differential Diagnosis: A Book of Lists (Paperback)

by Mark Thompson

Small Animal Internal Medicine, Third Edition (Hardcover)

by Richard W. Nelson (Author), C. Guillermo Couto (Author)

National Veterinary Boards (Nbe) (Nvb: Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology (Admission Test Series , Part 1) (Plastic Comb)

by Jack Rudman (Author)

Lumb & Jones' Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia (Hardcover)

by William J. Tranquilli (Editor), John C. Thurmon (Editor), Kurt A. Grimm (Editor)
Key Phrases: epidural xylazine, medetomidine administration, detomidine hydrochloride solution, Vet Res, Vet Med, Anesth Analg (more...)

Pathologic Basis of Veterinary Disease (Hardcover)

by M. Donald McGavin (Author), James F. Zachary (Author)

Large Animal Internal Medicine (Hardcover)

by Bradford P. Smith (Author)

Equine Internal Medicine (Hardcover)

by Stephen Reed (Author), Warwick Bayly (Author), Robert B. McEachern (Author), Debra Sellon (Author)

Techniques in Large Animal Surgery, Third Edition (Hardcover)

by Dean Hendrickson (Author)

Veterinary Immunology: An Introduction (Veterinary Immunology) (Paperback)

by Ian R. Tizard (Author)

ECG for the Small Animal Practitioner (Made Easy Series) (Spiral-bound)

by Larry P. Tilley (Author), Naomi L. Burtnick (Author

Veterinary Parasitology: Reference Manual (Spiral-bound)

by William J. Foreyt (Author) "Diagnosis of parasitic infections depends on several factors, such as collection of the sample, transport of the sample to the laboratory, and method of laboratory..." (more)
Key Phrases: Vet Res, Vet Parasitol, Vet Rec (more...)

Veterinary Pathophysiology (Hardcover)

by Robert H. Dunlop (Editor), Charles-Henri Malbert (Editor) "In the 19th century, much of the study of animals centered on confining them, provoking them, and seeing what they did; increasingly, we appreciate the..." (more)

Hi
Just wanted to get in touch with those who are taking BSCE exam in Dec 08, I need few to discuss some questions, topics study buddies/group. If you are aware of any chat group please let me know. You can call e-mail me at [email protected]
:) Good luck
PS

HI everyone,
I am really happy to be amange agroup of smart,hard worker& successful vets.As everyone,Iam in my way in the long trip with the ecfvg certifecat.
Now ,I am preparing for CPE test. My test will be on 1STof June09.At Tuskege,AL.I am shaddowing at small animal hospital,Equine hospital,doing spay surgery at a shelter.
IF anyone has some experince with the cpe thats will help me alot,I need to know,which material i should study? how I mange the time between studing& being in the hospital?I was reading though all Threads for 2 days,but the info about the cpe not that much.If anyone has any files for Bovine,sheep,horse is willing to share that will be great.
Anyone went to Tuskege befor is wiiling to advice ,I will apriciate your kindness.congratulations for everyone finally made it &the best of luck for the rest of us

HI everyone,
I am really happy to be amange agroup of smart,hard worker& successful vets.As everyone,Iam in my way in the long trip with the ecfvg certifecat.
Now ,I am preparing for CPE test. My test will be on 1STof June09.At Tuskege,AL.I am shaddowing at small animal hospital,Equine hospital,doing spay surgery at a shelter.
IF anyone has some experince with the cpe thats will help me alot,I need to know,which material i should study? how I mange the time between studing& being in the hospital?I was reading though all Threads for 2 days,but the info about the cpe not that much.If anyone has any files for Bovine,sheep,horse is willing to share that will be great.
Anyone went to Tuskege befor is wiiling to advice ,I will apriciate your kindness.congratulations for everyone finally made it &the best of luck for the rest of us

You are not going to find much about the CPE. you will know why when you go and do the test.
The manual you will get or already have is your guide to pass the test. I think you are doing the right thing by shadowing several vets. This is the best thing you can do. I recommend you join yahoo CPE group for more info about the CPE and materials. http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/CPE-GROUP/messages
The only thing I advice you to do is learn to control your nerves.
I read the national series, some stuff from the Merck and my own notes for the anesthesia. also watch the necropsy and surgery videos. you will find all these at the Yahoo-CPE group. you will have to ask to join and it will take couple of days. at the group you are not allowed to ask or talk about the manual and it's content. they will tell you all about that.

Hi, I'm a Veterinarian from Peru. I'm enrolled en the ECFVG program of the AVMA to get my licence. I would like to contact another foreign vets enrolled in the same program to interchange experiences and information or any other vet who can give some information about groups of study or material available before I take the boards.
Hope to hear from you soon !
I passed the toefl.
looking to study for the bSCE ,would you care to join me ?
where do you live ?
my phone number #626-203-1747
i live in california

Hello everybody, I'm reading the previouse masseges and untill now I'm surprised about u guys , u realy inspired me it's amazing what u are doing .thank you very much

Thank u so much dvmjakish for your replay & time.I need to know about the cpe test before the test ,not at the test (the test is so expensive,& I am afraid that the test will surprice me).I studied the national series (small naimals,large animals,the surgery books) before for the navle test.Did u studied the pharma& the toxecology books as well? which parts did u read from merck?I read in a threat befor that u have a word file for the bovine & sheep , can u send it to me?

Thank u so much dvmjakish for your replay & time.I need to know about the cpe test before the test ,not at the test (the test is so expensive,& I am afraid that the test will surprice me).I studied the national series (small naimals,large animals,the surgery books) before for the navle test.Did u studied the pharma& the toxecology books as well? which parts did u read from merck?I read in a threat befor that u have a word file for the bovine & sheep , can u send it to me?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
What I mint is at the test they will tell you that you shouldn't talk to anyone about the test. the Bovine, sheep files are available at the CPE yahoo website and much more. You will find a lot of good stuff.
I can e-mail them to you if you want. but I don't believe I have all of them.
When you read the bovine file that I have you will feel that you know it all.
The only things I read about toxicology was the Florida video.
I didn't read any Pharmacology. I just depended on what I already know from working at a clinic. I will send you a file if I find it about most common drugs.
I read from Merck the most common diseases, FIV, Felv, Rabies, Parvo...

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in orange county, CA preparing for the cpe anyone want to join me

dvmjakish ,I realy thank u so much for your help.I understand your honesty.& no problem at all.one more Q:from your point of view,what is the hardest part in the test ,that anyone shoud prepear well for it?
Agine thank u

Hey, I am about to take the CPE and I having been going through the booklet they give you and I was wondering if anyone knows how to differentiate the rumen gas cap vs LDA ping vs pneumoperitoneum vs pneumorectum vs pneumocolon? Thnaks!

dvmjakish ,I realy thank u so much for your help.I understand your honesty.& no problem at all.one more Q:from your point of view,what is the hardest part in the test ,that anyone shoud prepear well for it?
Agine thank u

You forgot to give me your e-mail address so I can send you the files.
the most difficult to me was Surgery and anesthesia just because one small mistake will get you out of the test. no second chance. After all it's all stress. Everything was as you will expect nothing too weird.

Hey, I am about to take the CPE and I having been going through the booklet they give you and I was wondering if anyone knows how to differentiate the rumen gas cap vs LDA ping vs pneumoperitoneum vs pneumorectum vs pneumocolon? Thnaks!

I have exactly what you want. give me your e-mail address.
please leave feed back about what you think about the files after you read them.

Last edited:
Hi dvmjakish,sorry for that.My E-mail address is [email protected].
what do u mean by nothing too weird? do u mean the cases (the clinical evaluation part).By the way, did u read ALL the diseases list that listed in ECFVG web?
Do u mind if i have more Q ,to ask u?
Thank u

Hi dvmjakish,sorry for that.My E-mail address is [email protected].
what do u mean by nothing too weird? do u mean the cases (the clinical evaluation part).By the way, did u read ALL the diseases list that listed in ECFVG web?
Do u mind if i have more Q ,to ask u?
Thank u

Nothing too weird = all cases came from the list. I strongly believe that I would have passed the CPE without reading anything, because all the cases were very simple or I have already encountered them while working and doing rounds with large animal vets. However that being said, I don't recommend not studying. It could be a good luck that I got cases I was familiar with. This might not be the case with others.
Read all of diseases that listed and concentrate on the most common.
Also do all the things that you will be doing physically in the test and listed in the manual. These little things will help your spirt in the exam.
I have e-mailed you the best files I have. I might send you more later.
Good luck.

you are such an awsome persone dvmjakish,thank u so much.The files r realy good.I will wait to recive the rest.i have a Q in anasthesia part do we allowed to drow the emergency drug (glyco,atropine)in advance before the ansth start, or if we need the drug during the test ,a tech will grape it for us?.Also,for low BP : start with bouls of lrs & if dosnot work give heatstarch & if it dosent work ,give dopamine .i see that in the hospital a shadow in.so my Q is do we allowed to use dopamine in the test? dopamine is not listed in the drug list in the manual ! .Can u explaine how did u deal with the low BP?.one more Q:for fluid therapy:in the test sit ,do we use the machine that adjust the fluid volume & rate or just the fluid bag with the drippers? And if we will use the drippers ,how we adjust the rate? And how we give a bouls of the LRS or Heatstarch?
sorry,to much Qs.But i am realy confused.thanks alt for ur time &effort.

you are such an awsome persone dvmjakish,thank u so much.The files r realy good.I will wait to recive the rest.i have a Q in anasthesia part do we allowed to drow the emergency drug (glyco,atropine)in advance before the ansth start, or if we need the drug during the test ,a tech will grape it for us?.Also,for low BP : start with bouls of lrs & if dosnot work give heatstarch & if it dosent work ,give dopamine .i see that in the hospital a shadow in.so my Q is do we allowed to use dopamine in the test? dopamine is not listed in the drug list in the manual ! .Can u explaine how did u deal with the low BP?.one more Q:for fluid therapy:in the test sit ,do we use the machine that adjust the fluid volume & rate or just the fluid bag with the drippers? And if we will use the drippers ,how we adjust the rate? And how we give a bouls of the LRS or Heatstarch?
sorry,to much Qs.But i am realy confused.thanks alt for ur time &effort.

You can pre order whatever drugs you want from the list they give you. They will be ready for you the next day. But if you want anything during the exam they will get it for you, they will ask you why do you want this drug. So it work either way.

Blood pressure best dealt with by making sure on you pre anesthesia exam that your dog is well hydrated and has no problems getting the drugs that you selected. for example if you selected acepromazine the day before and then found out that your dog has weak pulse. Then you shouldn't give it. Write down on your paper what you did not use it.
if you encounter low blood pressure during the exam I would open up the fluid. make sure you don't over hydrate. the other thing is decrease the gas rate, this is really important. Always make sure you dog is sleeping on the lowest rate possible. this will help you with pressure. I'm not sure about the Doputamine!! or Hetastarch. you can ask for them if you really need too. if they don't have them and your dog dies (from bleeding) then it's not your fault. you will pass(the surgeon will fail) just do and ask for the right things and you should be fine.
to give fluid you will be given fluid pump. they will tell you how to use it. if no pump at your exam site then try to find the formula. i think it's every 10 drops = 1 ml. so to give 100 ml/hr you need to count 1000 drups/hr = 16 drops /min .. you get the idea.
you should start with the surgical rate 10/ml/kg/hr. if it's not holding the BP well increase it to 20 ml/kg/hr... and so on. your max is 90/ml/kg in a dog. this is for chock, in case the surgeon cut a big artery and couldn't control the bleeding.

dvmjakish,thats make more sense to me.Verey helpful nots,thanks . when i find somthing confusing ,do u mind to ask u?
Sure u have alot to take care about,BUT,you are great help to us

dvmjakish,thats make more sense to me.Verey helpful nots,thanks . when i find somthing confusing ,do u mind to ask u?
Sure u have alot to take care about,BUT,you are great help to us

BRING IT.:cool:

dvmjakish,could I have your files about BCSE,NALVE and CPE exam,please.
Thank you for your kindness.my e-mail is [email protected]
I have searched about ECFVG for long time and feeling frustrated with this program.I don't know about the exam or how to review all of textbooks.I'm afraid I will fail the exam and waste time.But when I have seen this topic,I have more hope.You're very helpful person.
I have some questions to ask you.I will graduate next year but I plan I will practice English and work in my country abouts 2 years.Is it too late to apply.I'm not sure do they limit the age of applicants.
Thank you very much.:)

I have searched about ECFVG for long time and feeling frustrated with this program.I don't know about the exam or how to review all of textbooks.I'm afraid I will fail the exam and waste time.But when I have seen this topic,I have more hope.You're very helpful person.
I have some questions to ask you.I will graduate next year but I plan I will practice English and work in my country abouts 2 years.Is it too late to apply.I'm not sure do they limit the age of applicants.

I have 15000 MB = 15 GB of files. I just can't e-mail all of them. I have very good files that are over 10 mb which is the limit for e-mail attachment. Since you are not planning on starting for a while. I think you should wait. I'm really busy right now with specialty and I have exam in three weeks. After that I'm planning on starting a website that I can upload all my files to it and have a good explanation of the ECFVG process. Trust me it's nothing to worry about. We all felt lost when we first started. Just do one step at the time, don't worry about the Navle and CPE , concentrate on English and BCSE now. for the future There are sample of the question in Navle http://nbvme.org/?id=23 and real exams (samples) http://nbvme.org/?id=80 you can take and help give you an idea what they might ask, so you would know what to study. JUST DON'T WORRY ABOUT THEM NOW.
I did find it's very helpful to go online and search for cases (case of the month, etc) and reading these cases. It is much easier to remember than just reading a book. and it will stay in your head for long time.

I will send you some liniks and files to keep you busy for now.

There is no age limit to when you can apply.

this will keep you busy for a while:

This is all what you need to know about radiology. I don't think you need to study more than this. Download these files and save them. They are too big to be sent to any one but you can download them.
http://www.upei.ca/~vetrad/lectures.htm
http://www.upei.ca/~vetrad/thorax/case1/thoraxcase1.html

I liked this website because it teaches you the diseases in a very simple way. These are most common disease that you will be asked about:
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=SRC&S=0&SourceID=42

Also at the ECFVG there is a list of most common disease to study for CPE. But they are really the most that you will be asked about in BCSE and NAVLE. Here is the link to them.
http://www.avma.org/education/ecfvg/cpe_common_diagnoses.pdf

For the BCSE there is a sample questions here:
http://www.avma.org/education/ecfvg/bcse_practice_test.asp

Equine casese:
http://www.tufts.edu/vet/sports/casestudy.html
http://cal.vet.upenn.edu/projects/lameness/intro/casechoice4.html

Those are a great cases they help you understand the fluid therapy very well.
http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/clinsci/wing/fluids/fluidcas.htm
http://www.vet.uga.edu/LAM/teaching/barton/5350/6.htm (large animals)

this will keep you busy for a while : physical exam in all animals:
http://cal.vet.upenn.edu/projects/fieldservice/index.html

most common bovine foot diseases:
http://www.cowdoc.net/

large animals presentations:
http://www.vet.utk.edu/departments/LACS/monthly-features.php

Some urology cases:
http://www.vet.uga.edu/sams/courses/urology/cases.php

Different cases and lectures
http://www.vet.uga.edu/lam/teaching/barton/5313/notes.htm

very well done dermatology cases:
http://www.vet.uga.edu/SAMS/derm/

ophthalmology cases:
http://www.vet.uga.edu/VPP/ophtho/Diagcase.htm

Small animals ceases:
http://vetneuromuscular.ucsd.edu/cases.html

http://www.vet.ohio-state.edu/assets/courses/vm718/index.html

neurology info:
http://neuro.vetmed.ufl.edu/neurohp.html

lots of lecture notes
http://www.vet.uga.edu/LAM/teaching/

for CPE mostly, it will help NAVLE people too. Some cases: large animals.
http://www.vet.uga.edu/LAM/teaching/white/5333/8.htm
http://www.vet.uga.edu/LAM/teaching/5230/13.htm
http://www.vet.uga.edu/LAM/teaching/5230/3.htm
http://www.vet.uga.edu/LAM/teaching/5230/corelecture.htm
http://www.vet.uga.edu/LAM/teaching/5230/4.htm
http://www.vet.uga.edu/LAM/teaching/white/5333/5.htm
http://www.vet.uga.edu/LAM/teaching/white/5201/4.htm
http://www.vet.uga.edu/LAM/teaching/white/5313/1.htm
http://www.vet.uga.edu/LAM/teaching/williamson/5200/1.htm
http://www.vet.uga.edu/LAM/teaching/white/5333/2.htm
http://www.vet.uga.edu/LAM/teaching/white/5333/3.htm
http://www.vet.uga.edu/LAM/teaching/white/5333/4.htm

Best cardiology website with cases:
http://www.vmth.ucdavis.edu/Cardio/cases/index.htm

all what you need about anesthesia;
http://instruction.cvhs.okstate.edu/vmed5412/

This is the biggest database for veterinary medicine, I grantee you will get lost in this website:
http://www.martindalecenter.com/Vet.html

free Merck manual online:

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp

I recommend you download anything you can because the links might not work after a while.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much dvmjakish.What a kind person you are!:D

I got many study materials.They are useful for me to practice in my country and also useful for ECFVG too.

dear dvmjakish
how are u doing,hope u are doing well in the speciality
i got the mosby comprehensive review for vet tech you told me about i got the last edition.
but there are still some problems it has got about 20 pages for anatomy and physiology,it has got no clinical pathology no diseases ...........
it seems to be introductive rather than detailed

hope u can advise me what to do

dear dvmjakish
how are u doing,hope u are doing well in the speciality
i got the mosby comprehensive review for vet tech you told me about i got the last edition.
but there are still some problems it has got about 20 pages for anatomy and physiology,it has got no clinical pathology no diseases ...........
it seems to be introductive rather than detailed

hope u can advise me what to do

I did the BCSE long time ago; I did the first BCSE ever. But this book did work for me, like I always say every one has different experience. You should have some other knowledge already other than this book. After all you are a vet.
The BCSE is for basics, and this book you got is basics. Whatever you can put over that is a plus and will help you in the future exams.
You can have your clinical info from this website:
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=SRC&S=0&SourceID=42
it has most common diseases in small animals. most questions about the diseases are simple and based on case. as you can see in the sample test on the ECFVG website. don't worry about the questions that has photos, there is not too many of them about pathology.
Master these two things “the book and the website listed above” and you will pass. For more security read most common problems in large animals.
Read cases.

hellow,,,,

any one have e-book

for

this book??

( parasitology vet )

thxx :luck:

dvmjakish
it is nice that guys like u are still there to encourage SOME OF US NOT TO PANICK ABOUT THE ECFVG.
Well can you pls give me your email address or phone number so that i can discuss more with you? my email is [email protected]

Last edited:
dvmjakish
it is nice that guys like u are still there to encourage SOME OF US NOT TO PANICK ABOUT THE ECFVG.
Well can you pls give me your email address or phone number so that i can discuss more with you? my email is [email protected]

I have disabled private messaging through this website because I would like every one to read what others have to ask or answer. This way we don't have to say the same thing over and over. Please ask whatever you want through this forum. Other vets will benefit from our conversation.

I have disabled private messaging through this website because I would like every one to read what others have to ask or answer. This way we don't have to say the same thing over and over. Please ask whatever you want through this forum. Other vets will benefit from our conversation.

OK,if i finally make up my mind to do the BCSE,where exactly do i start ,what do i start to read ? do i need to start reading anatomy,physiology e.t.c the way we read it in DVM 1,2,3 again? I mean going to read osteology,mycology e.t.c one by one.? that will take ages to read all over again. I guess there must be those things that one can read that will not be as cumbersome . can you please ut me through?

Large Animal Internal Medicine

(National Veterinary Medical Series)

4170M11WTML.jpg

Download​

i could not download ay of these books bcs it is asking me for a key

hey everybody!
My name's Magda, i'm studing veterinary in Poland and I always wanted work in USA.
I was reading a lot about ECFVG program and I'm not sure about one thing-maybe it will sound stupid, but what did you do first?- you came to usa first or in your country you started the 2 steps (proof of graduation and english ability) before you come to usa?
I would be happy if you write me about this things :)

hey everybody!
My name's Magda, i'm studing veterinary in Poland and I always wanted work in USA.
I was reading a lot about ECFVG program and I'm not sure about one thing-maybe it will sound stupid, but what did you do first?- you came to usa first or in your country you started the 2 steps (proof of graduation and english ability) before you come to usa?
I would be happy if you write me about this things :)

you can take the TOEFL exam any where in the world as long as it's a registerd center. Once you register for the ECFVG just contact the center and ask them to mail a copy of your results directly to the AVMA, ECFVG (address is on their website). remember the TOEFL results are valid for two years only. so wait until you are reagy for the other exams and you know you can come to the US.

this is your website for the TOEFL.
http://www.ets.org/portal/site/ets/...nnel=b5f5197a484f4010VgnVCM10000022f95190RCRD

OK,if i finally make up my mind to do the BCSE,where exactly do i start ,what do i start to read ? do i need to start reading anatomy,physiology e.t.c the way we read it in DVM 1,2,3 again? I mean going to read osteology,mycology e.t.c one by one.? that will take ages to read all over again. I guess there must be those things that one can read that will not be as cumbersome . can you please ut me through?

I have answered this questions tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
many times. click on the "searsh in this thread' tab and write BCSE. you will get all the post that contain info about the BCSE.

Last edited:
So what type of visa should I apply? For workers? or students?
Is it possible to come to usa just before the other exams when the ecfvg accepts my papers or do I need to be there any give all papers by my own?
:)

So what type of visa should I apply? For workers? or students?
Is it possible to come to usa just before the other exams when the ecfvg accepts my papers or do I need to be there any give all papers by my own?
:)

it depends on your nationality. some can come to the U.S without visa. some needs visa. some will never get visa.
check this Fourm for more information about visa.
http://boards.immigration.com/index.php

also check the visa requirment in the department of state.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_1750.html

I have tourist visa until 2010 but I have 2,5 years of studies to finish so I will have to try for another one.
Anyway, thanks for your help :)

Hey tequila I have a very similar plan, this is my email
[email protected], email me... :)

Hi Tequila,

Please would you help me with your material...i`m lost because i know nobody who had this experience around me

By the way, if somebody lives in philadelphia this is my email address, please contact me in order to share and exchange experiences

[email protected]

Is there anybody in Philadelphia area ?

Please contact me asap in order to study for the BSCE and CPE

[email protected]

Last edited:
Hey, I just joined this group. I am taking the CPE in Las Vegas in Jan. It will be nice if I get to talk to your friend before the exam. We can share experiences.
Thanks,
Zoe

I am about to take it too. If you find that info, will you let me know?
Thanks

dvmjakish,
would you also send me the materials you mentioned in previous posts ([email protected])? Thanks. I am a big fan of the links you've posted.

I also would like to ask you and other members about ECVFG and PAVE. Since I haven't registered yet, I'd like to find out which one is easier. After spending so many years with molecular biology and stem cells, I feel really behind. I have been shadowing a veterinarian (small animal) about 10-12 hrs a week since last two months. I'll probably do the same with large animals for a while.
Please give me you opinion on ECVFG and PAVE. Thanks.

dvmjakish,
would you also send me the materials you mentioned in previous posts ([email protected])? Thanks. I am a big fan of the links you've posted.

I also would like to ask you and other members about ECVFG and PAVE. Since I haven't registered yet, I'd like to find out which one is easier. After spending so many years with molecular biology and stem cells, I feel really behind. I have been shadowing a veterinarian (small animal) about 10-12 hrs a week since last two months. I'll probably do the same with large animals for a while.
Please give me you opinion on ECVFG and PAVE. Thanks.

Easier is not always better. I recommend the ECFVG. Pave is not valid accreditation in all 50 states.