Forensic Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vanillabear55

just keep swimming
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If the course descriptions are such that you can make an argument that the class is Forensic Biology or Forensic Chemistry I'd list them as Bio, or Chem so they count towards BCPM. If they're just general forensic science/forensic investigation/criminal law type stuff I don't think that will fly.

You could make a case for BCPM - what department was it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Am I missing something or is the answer blatantly obvious? It's BCPM

I have a question. I am only a junior in high school, but I am thinking about what major to do in high school. My ultimate goal is to get into med school, and eventually become a doctor. To be more specific, I want to become a medical examiner. I really want to take forensic science with a focus on biology or chemistry as an undergrad. But my question is, is forensic science a good B.S. major for med school, or should I go with a major like Biology or Biochemistry?

Forensic science is basically biology + chemistry + physical anthropology + some psych/criminology/misc. It'll prepare you just as well as any other natural science major.

That being said, don't choose a major based on future physician career aspirations. Go for Slavic literature for all I'm concerned... the results will be the same. You'll learn what you need to know in medical school and beyond.