Forgery Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Csquared1987

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've soaked up all the knowledge have in this forum over the past 2 weeks and would like your personal advice on a topic.

Background: currently 29, military vet honorably discharged in 2014, currently working on my undergrad degree in Healthcare systems management. My cGPA is currently 3.04 s4.0 (I have only taken 1 online chemistry class in community college and received an A). As far as my cGPA this summer I'm taking 18 credits, and in the fall I will be taking 18 credits to raise up my GPA also I will be graduating this fall. If everything goes as planned I will graduate with an estimated cGPA of 3.3 my plan is to get accepted into NYU's career changing post bacc program in the summer of 2017

Advice: In August of 2009 (22) I was homeless, and I moved in the dorms in August on campus at west Chester university. In order to receive financial aid there you have to be enrolled in 12 credits. I was registered in 4 classes but was only going to 3 classes. I also was working overnight security there at the university to help pay for school. To keep the job, and A roof over my head I needed signatures from "4" of my professors saying that I was attending classes regularly. To make a long story short I only got 3 of those signatures and forged the other signature. I never went to my infraction hearing, out of embarrassment and regret. Also til this morning I have never attempted to go back on campus or even contact the school. This morning I contacted the school asking what my exact punishment was and they told me that there were no sanctions against me currently and I was only withdrawal from classes for nonpayment because I couldn't afford it. Since west Chester I've never disclosed, or even put down that I went to that school. And I have been enrolled at 3 different schools since the incident. I've grown up a lot since the incident and I take full responsibility. My question to you is do I disclose that even though I didn't earn a credit from the school? I am in no way trying to run from this again I just want to know your honest opinion if I should even consider a career in medicine?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Did you ever fill out a FAFSA for that school? If so, medical schools will be aware of your attendance via the Student Clearinghouse, a central data service that allows for schools to quickly verify every institution you have ever attended. Whether they will do this is up for debate. Are your grades Ws? Do you have an official IA?

@LizzyM @Goro @gyngyn

This is a bit above my pay grade, but details are extremely important moving forward. So long as you have Ws and not Fs, you should be able to overcome this. But if you have grades from this institution, even if they're all Ws, you MUST report them if you don't want to risk your future.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really appreciate your response. I'm pretty sure all my grades were Ws though and once that time comes I will be 100% honest about it just wanted professional opinions from this forum.

You are obligated to list the school and provide a transcript from the school. I just hope that they will give you a transcript given that you never paid the bill. It doesn't sound like you stayed long enough to get an IA for forgery (if they ever even figured that out) but that you left because you couldn't pay.

And yes I filled out a FAFSA for the institution. If can remember correctly it happened middle September 09, and was finalized October 9th, 09

If I do very well at a good post bacc would I have a shot at going to MD School?