Gentle Opinions/Advice Please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

5ArthurBron5

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I'm a gap year applicant (LM 76), I have a higher MCAT (522) but lower GPA (3.7).
I got my first three interviews from mid tier schools all in August, then one in September, and have only heard rejections since. I am immensely grateful for the interviews I do have but from schools near home that I really wanted to hear good news from, I've heard nothing. I applied to 26 schools and have gotten rejections from three. Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I'm getting anxious that the next I'll hear from the rest of my schools is going to be when they send out mass rejections in the spring. Is there something fundamentally wrong with my application? Any advice or encouragement would be greatly appreciated, the lack of good news is making me a little crazy. I'm sorry if this may sound neurotic, it's not my intention, I just really need to hear some advice.
 
Maybe I should've posted this in WAMC, I'm new to SDN so I'm not sure what information would be pertinent but I'm an ORM, I'm FGLI, graduated from a t10 college if that matters, have 3000+ hours of research, 300 volunteering, significant amount of personal clinical exposure. I can provide more details in PMs if anyone is willing to help with more info.
 
Maybe I should've posted this in WAMC, I'm new to SDN so I'm not sure what information would be pertinent but I'm an ORM, I'm FGLI, graduated from a t10 college if that matters, have 3000+ hours of research, 300 volunteering, significant amount of personal clinical exposure. I can provide more details in PMs if anyone is willing to help with more info.
I'll move this to the WAMC forum where you can get more answers.
3 interviews by now is great!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad