Forgot to Fill Out Course Prerequisites on Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RenegadeOkapi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi:

I submitted a secondary application in which they asked me to fill out the pre-requisites. I focused on the essays and making sure that they were good before making to check all the prerequisites were entered, but I submitted the application before that section was finished. It allowed me to do so.

Do the schools get the course list from AMCAS, or is the prerequisite list really necessary for ADCOMS?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Sometimes, schools use the secondaries for their own screening purposes - it's easier because they have control over the interface and are able to choose the service and features they want. For instance, on the Hopkins secondary, you are basically asked to recapitulate your primary in terms of ECs, which is immensely annoying. But it helps them screen based on the criteria they want, for whatever reason. You might consider calling the school to explain the situation and see if they can re-open it to let you enter that in or if you can enter it somewhere else.