Forgot to include Extracurriculars on AMCAS. How screwed am I?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should I include my missing extracurricular activities in an update letter to schools?

• Yes, there's nothing to lose.

• No, you're pretty much screwed this cycle.

• I dunno, but you're really dumb for leaving that out.

Results are only viewable after voting.

wadels

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So in my Work/Activities section, I only included work and forgot to include any of my extracurricular activities (community service, leadership, etc.), which totaled up to around 300 hours. How screwed am I? I know that in many of my secondaries, I did mention being a college ambassador, which was a large part of my volunteer/leadership hours (although I didn't mention the amount of time in those essays).

I'm in a master's program right now and at the end of September, I'll be sending an update letter to schools with my first couple of grades and activities I started this year. Should I try to make an addition to that letter to include my missing activities or should I just write off this application cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

I concur with @saqrfaraj - I think this would be a good reason to send an update!

Reactions: 1 user
Forgot to include Extracurriculars on AMCAS. How screwed am I?

So in my Work/Activities section, I only included work and forgot to include any of my extracurricular activities (community service, leadership, etc.), which totaled up to around 300 hours. How screwed am I? I know that in many of my secondaries, I did mention being a college ambassador, which was a large part of my volunteer/leadership hours (although I didn't mention the amount of time in those essays).

I'm in a master's program right now and at the end of September, I'll be sending an update letter to schools with my first couple of grades and activities I started this year. Should I try to make an addition to that letter to include my missing activities or should I just write off this application cycle?
These omissions represent a level of carelessness that won't reflect well. You have nothing to lose by sending an update now, to those schools that accept them.

Hopefully your TMDSAS application was completed with more attention to detail.

Reactions: 1 user