Form AM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jason110

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My thoughts:

PS: Tougher than average
V: Tough tough
BS: Average

Comments?

-Jason

Members don't see this ad.

i had the AM form as well and i had a slightly different opinion

PS: not bad
VR: average
BS: either i was out of energy or something cuz it threw me for a loop

my head is just exploding right now and my back is killing me

Originally posted by Jason110
My thoughts:

PS: Tougher than average
V: Tough tough
BS: Average

Comments?

-Jason

Did you guys get tired of the kidney passages in bio?

Hey indo, I had the same WS topics as you! Are you sure you didn't have form AM, or is the WS not related to the rest of the parts? I just saw you had another post for form BM. Were you at PSU or U of P? I was at PSU, of course. I had to pee SO BAD during most of PS, it totally sucked. I went like 15 min before we started filing into the room, but by the time we actually started the test I had to go again! My impressions:
PS: always seems tough to me, I wouldn't call this one easy but it didn't seem more difficult than the AAMC practice tests either
VR: a few tough questions, but overall same as usual
BS: didn't seem too bad, although I got pretty beaned out towards the end and things stopped making sense (that last passage about kidneys? I had to read each question like three times, and changed the last two answers two times each).

I wish I knew how I did now! I hate waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
the kidney... do you guys mean the ADII and the whole Na+ with arterial pressure and what not?

for right now thats the only one that i can think of with the kidney...

heres what i remember from the test

PS-
springs
tendon (torque related stuff)
a few electrochemical cell passages
----bah the rest is a blank

VR- Malthus and population vs resourses
The rap music culture
justice and society
global control - land vs sea
western vs. non-western scientific methods.

Bio
pithed frog
Marfan's Syndrome
Angiotensin II with dogs
a population genetics section
a section on Bacillus (it was the bacterial one)
one on HIV and AZT resistance
one on Yersinia Pestis (pest control)
3organic passages (which seemed not too bad actually)

anything else people remember from this?

Did any of you guys get the optics question with the water droplet. I was like: "What the hell? ... I don't see any 'lens' here."

-Jason

yeah that droplet question was kinda stupid... the lens they were talking about would have been created in a way as if one half of the drop was one lens, and the other was another lens...

btw, anyone remember about the image of the flea? i wrote shadow only because i didnt read anything about the light going THROUGH the organisms or whether flea's were solid enough that they would prevent transmission of light through them

That was the worse 10 hours I've had in a long time. We didn't get out till 4:55pm. Physical started out good, but right now I'm guessing I got somewhere between a 6-11. Verbal was like a blurr, I couldn't concentrate. Bio was fairly easy most of the time, but what about that stupid droplet? There were some questions & areas that none of my undergrad classes ever covered, or any MCAt book that I know of. I don't know how I did, I can't even guess at a number. Anyone know of any low low tier schools I should quickly add to my AMCAS just in case? Also, I heard if we pay a fee we can get our results earlier?? At least it's over. I hope I'm in med school this time next year and not reapplying. :(

hey we got out at 5:15pm at my place... they were running things so slow... from 8am to 5:15pm... worse 9hrs 15min of my life... near the end i was mentally and physically drained

Originally posted by Mistress S
Hey indo, I had the same WS topics as you! Are you sure you didn't have form AM, or is the WS not related to the rest of the parts? I just saw you had another post for form BM. Were you at PSU or U of P? I was at PSU, of course. I had to pee SO BAD during most of PS, it totally sucked. I went like 15 min before we started filing into the room, but by the time we actually started the test I had to go again! My impressions:
PS: always seems tough to me, I wouldn't call this one easy but it didn't seem more difficult than the AAMC practice tests either
VR: a few tough questions, but overall same as usual
BS: didn't seem too bad, although I got pretty beaned out towards the end and things stopped making sense (that last passage about kidneys? I had to read each question like three times, and changed the last two answers two times each).

I wish I knew how I did now! I hate waiting!

You could have gone to the bathroom during the PS section! They even have new automatic toilets!!

I was under the impression that everyone in the room I was in had the same writing sample statement since we all had the same form number.

The wait is agony.

So you CAN leave the room during the test? I was under the impression that you couldn't, for security reasons or whatever. I even asked one of the proctors while we were in the room before the test started if I could leave briefly to use the restroom, and she said, "after the test." Her english wasn't that good, so maybe she didn't really understand the question, but it really pisses me off (ha ha, no pun intended), because I was in real physical discomfort for a lot of PS due to that and it was very distracting, especially towards the end. That's the only section I was really worried about anyway, and I would have gladly traded the 2 or 3 minutes it would have taken to relieve myself. I hope that didn't affect my score too much. :(