Formal post-bacc or DIY?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AspiringDoc6

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm finishing up at UCSD this September, and trying to decide which post-bacc route to take. My basic science courses are outdated (and I need to bump up my GPA). I'm graduating with a dual-degree in human biology and global public health.

Would admissions prefer that I take my courses at UCSD, or does this really matter as long as it's at a four-year university? I'm considering starting courses at UCSD this fall to get started, but still apply to formal programs. If all else fails, I can take the courses at UC but receive no financial aid (and deal with the difficulty of getting into lab courses).

Any advice would be appreciated.