Format of the real MCAT verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

perfectmoment

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for the real mcat verbal... i was wondering if the lines are numbered, and as well, if some passage sentences and paragraphs are seperated by multiple dots, like they are in EK's or Kaplan's verbal sections? i'm curious of this cause on the AAMC practice material, the verbal sections have neither of the things i mentioned, and having to look for quotes without their corresponding line number is annoying.

Members don't see this ad.

i've tried to block the memory of the real mcat out of my mind, but....

i believe the lines were numbered (could be wrong). some paragraphs might be separated by ellipses if the test-makers chose to cut certain paragraphs out. i don't recall that happening on my mcat, but it's def a possibility.

i also don't remember too many questions referring to actual lines (unfortunately...those are the easy ones)...most were just overarching questions.

wetlightning said:

i believe the lines were numbered (could be wrong). some paragraphs might be separated by ellipses if the test-makers chose to cut certain paragraphs out. i don't recall that happening on my mcat, but it's def a possibility.

i also don't remember too many questions referring to actual lines (unfortunately...those are the easy ones)...most were just overarching questions.

i'm curious on whether the sources and title of the article is presented in each passage for the real mcat. i believe a few of the aamc had the author, source, title after the end of the passage.

wetlightning said:

As far as I can remember, the VR passages on the April test were not numbered...at least not on the form I got.

i think the sources were presented at the end of the verbal reasoning packet (all packets come separately on the real mcat, as opposed to kaplan, etc)