Formula-based vs. concept based PS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Creightonite

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Formula-based seems easier to grasp on if one has enough time; however, concept-based questions in physics are faster to respond to but they tend to be the hardest. So what people prefer the most?

Members don't see this ad.

I felt like my june 15th test had more calculations than normal...the thing is that they weren't hard at all, just very time consuming and I always seem to double guess myself on calculations so I had to check my answers...wasting more time. I don't think I have a preference, but the concept based Q's seem easier to me.

Formula-based seems easier to grasp on if one has enough time; however, concept-based questions in physics are faster to respond to but they tend to be the hardest. So what people prefer the most?

Conceptual questions are rooted in formulas because pretty much every Physics concept is described by a formula.

Should I memorize every single physics formula or are some of these given during the exam?