Formulas

Started by globy321
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

globy321

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when writing the real mcat, is it a good idea to write down all the formulas on scratch paper before you start the test?
 
when writing the real mcat, is it a good idea to write down all the formulas on scratch paper before you start the test?

Thats if they let you write before the test starts. I wanted to write down my verbal timing for each passage and they guy stopped me while I was on break. Some test centers let you write.

I would write down the ones you might have trouble remembering not easy ones like v=d/t
 
when writing the real mcat, is it a good idea to write down all the formulas on scratch paper before you start the test?

It's really a matter of personal preference. For example, I took the time at the beginning to write down all the equations I could remember but I literally ended up looking at the page once or twice. If you're the type of person that needs to have a memory dump right before the test it may be beneficial, especially if you are prone to forget things in crunch time. Do it on practice tests and see if you work better that way or not
 
I believe during the "tutorial" you are allowed to write down whatever you want. Just skip through the tutorial and use that time to scribble down equations, if you think it'll help.