Status
Not open for further replies.

loveoforganic

-Account Deactivated-
10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2009
Status
I just noticed a poster get banned then have all their posts and account deleted.

Why's that happen over just normal banning? Didn't notice anything particularly inflammatory about the user's posts.

And sorry, I'm sure this is the wrong forum, but the site support and whatnot one doesn't exist any more.

Jun 1, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I just noticed a poster get banned then have all their posts and account deleted.

Why's that happen over just normal banning? Didn't notice anything particularly inflammatory about the user's posts.

And sorry, I'm sure this is the wrong forum, but the site support and whatnot one doesn't exist any more.

war is peace and slavery is freedom. don't question big brother. We all get banned sooner or later loveoforganic. It's just a matter of time.

auburnO5

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
Status
Medical Student
edit: i'm scared of perma-bans

Last edited:

armybound

urologist.
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2007
Uranus
Status
Resident [Any Field]
edit: i'm scared of perma-bans
oh really. you know the moderators can still see your old post/edits, right?

as far as deleting all of their posts go, that's usually just if someone is banned for spamming. a normal user won't have all of their posts deleted unless there were only a few posts and they were all so bad that they needed to be deleted. that is not normal.

Marcus Brody

Already has the grail.
10+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
Maybe it was by request.

RogueUnicorn

rawr.
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
oh really. You know the moderators can still see your old post/edits, right?

As far as deleting all of their posts go, that's usually just if someone is banned for spamming. A normal user won't have all of their posts deleted unless there were only a few posts and they were all so bad that they needed to be deleted. That is not normal.
how many fingers am i holding up?

armybound

urologist.
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2007
Uranus
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Maybe it was by request.
we typically don't honor those requests. anyone who becomes a donor has the ability to delete their own posts, though. sometimes people will become a donor, delete all of their old posts, then request to have their account deleted.

auburnO5

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
Status
Medical Student

as far as deleting all of their posts go, that's usually just if someone is banned for spamming. a normal user won't have all of their posts deleted unless there were only a few posts and they were all so bad that they needed to be deleted. that is not normal.
wow I just got pwned

loveoforganic

-Account Deactivated-
10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2009
Status

Like, "Grow 2-3 inches in no time!!!" spamming or just repeated posts without much substance spamming?

armybound

urologist.
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2007
Uranus
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Like, "Grow 2-3 inches in no time!!!" spamming or just repeated posts without much substance spamming?
real spamming. cell phone deals, drugs, what have you.

if it's not advertising, it typically gets to stay unless it breaks the terms of service for some other reason (nudity, etc)

loveoforganic

-Account Deactivated-
10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2009
Status
Thanks for the reply. Anything else? Poster wasn't a spammer unless they mixed spamming with regular posting, which would be odd.

Edit: Just out of curiosity. I'm not going to end up advocating for the poster or anything.

armybound

urologist.
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2007
Uranus
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I dunno, I'd have to look into the specifics of that particular user to see what happened. I'm not sure who you're referring to off hand.

It's my understanding that a normal ban leaves all posts in place, but I don't know if I just see all of them because I'm a mod or what.

loveoforganic

-Account Deactivated-
10+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2009
Status
The posts are normally left in place for us too.

Status
Not open for further replies.