Forum Moderation Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

loveoforganic

-Account Deactivated-
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just noticed a poster get banned then have all their posts and account deleted.

Why's that happen over just normal banning? Didn't notice anything particularly inflammatory about the user's posts.

And sorry, I'm sure this is the wrong forum, but the site support and whatnot one doesn't exist any more.
 
I just noticed a poster get banned then have all their posts and account deleted.

Why's that happen over just normal banning? Didn't notice anything particularly inflammatory about the user's posts.

And sorry, I'm sure this is the wrong forum, but the site support and whatnot one doesn't exist any more.


war is peace and slavery is freedom. don't question big brother. We all get banned sooner or later loveoforganic. It's just a matter of time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
edit: i'm scared of perma-bans
oh really. you know the moderators can still see your old post/edits, right?

as far as deleting all of their posts go, that's usually just if someone is banned for spamming. a normal user won't have all of their posts deleted unless there were only a few posts and they were all so bad that they needed to be deleted. that is not normal.
 
oh really. You know the moderators can still see your old post/edits, right?

As far as deleting all of their posts go, that's usually just if someone is banned for spamming. A normal user won't have all of their posts deleted unless there were only a few posts and they were all so bad that they needed to be deleted. That is not normal.
how many fingers am i holding up?
 
oh really. you know the moderators can still see your old post/edits, right?

as far as deleting all of their posts go, that's usually just if someone is banned for spamming. a normal user won't have all of their posts deleted unless there were only a few posts and they were all so bad that they needed to be deleted. that is not normal.

wow I just got pwned
 
oh really. you know the moderators can still see your old post/edits, right?

as far as deleting all of their posts go, that's usually just if someone is banned for spamming. a normal user won't have all of their posts deleted unless there were only a few posts and they were all so bad that they needed to be deleted. that is not normal.


Like, "Grow 2-3 inches in no time!!!" spamming or just repeated posts without much substance spamming?
 
Thanks for the reply. Anything else? Poster wasn't a spammer unless they mixed spamming with regular posting, which would be odd.

Edit: Just out of curiosity. I'm not going to end up advocating for the poster or anything.
 
I dunno, I'd have to look into the specifics of that particular user to see what happened. I'm not sure who you're referring to off hand.

It's my understanding that a normal ban leaves all posts in place, but I don't know if I just see all of them because I'm a mod or what.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status
Not open for further replies.