Found an error on ARVO abstract submission!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hallucinated

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I found a mistake counting one of the results, and I was wondering if I can fix my abstract for the poster for ARVO 2009. 'fix' as in just use the 'fixed' data without officially notifying ARVO people. I wrote the abstract in such a hurry (PI gave me a day pretty much) I will most likely find more errors here and there.

Do they check thoroughly? Can anyone give me advice on this one? It'll be appreciated.

-Jung
NJMS Class of 2012

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, I found a mistake counting one of the results, and I was wondering if I can fix my abstract for the poster for ARVO 2009. 'fix' as in just use the 'fixed' data without officially notifying ARVO people. I wrote the abstract in such a hurry (PI gave me a day pretty much) I will most likely find more errors here and there.

Do they check thoroughly? Can anyone give me advice on this one? It'll be appreciated.

-Jung
NJMS Class of 2012

When was the abstract due? If the deadline is still open I don't see the problem of going in and making edits to it online. If it was already submitted and published (either online or in print), I would recommend contacting ARVO to see what their policy is regarding making a change to your abstract. You mentioned that you don't want to officially notify the ARVO people, but if the deadline has already passed I'm not sure you have much of an option. While unintentional, you made the mistake and didn't proof-read it well enough and/or didn't have someone else look over it before you submitted it. It is just one of those things you hopefully learn from.

Hm I see. It's just a numerical error: "16 out of 23" vs "16 out of 22". Yea the abstract was accepted, but I was wondering if i can just make "correction" section or something.

I guess I'll have to contact ARVO.

-Jung

Relax, email ARVO see if they'll change it. Either way just put the correct numbers on the poster. Remember to get some all you can eat Thai food when you're there.