four c's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premeddd_

Reaction score
Hello! So i am currently a freshman soon to be sophomore and last semester i got a C in both bio and chem, and the same thing happened this semester. I got a 2.5 last semester and a 3.2 this semester, so i'm improving kind of? I just want to know if medical school is actually on the charts for me. Is it possible for me even with those 4 c's on my transcript? Would i have better chances with a DO school?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You have lots of time but you have to do better starting now. No more Cs, especially in science. Actually no Bs. What is your current cGPA and sGPA? Although DO schools seem to be more forgiving they are competitive and get more so every cycle. Same with MD schools. You have your work cut out for you but can improve if you want to. Maybe go to the Academic resource center on your campus and see if they can help you get organized and help you study/prepare smarter.

Reactions: 1 users
You have lots of time but you have to do better starting now. No more Cs, especially in science. Actually no Bs. What is your current cGPA and sGPA? Although DO schools seem to be more forgiving they are competitive and get more so every cycle. Same with MD schools. You have your work cut out for you but can improve if you want to. Maybe go to the Academic resource center on your campus and see if they can help you get organized and help you study/prepare smarter.

my cgpa is around a 2.8?? Because im on my second semester and i'm not sure what my sgpa is but probably lower. Thanks for your advice!!

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a lot of C's.

Not all is lost, as it's still possible to bring your gpa above 3.5 by senior year. But if you do the math on that, then....yeah, lots of A's from now on!

Also for DO schools you can retake classes and have your new grade replace your old grade to help your gpa, so I'd consider that as well.

This is wrong information. Consider removing it in your post so someone doesn’t read it and thinks they are good to apply with replaced grades.
This hasn’t been the process for several years. DO GPAs are calculated just as MD GPAs are calculated. There is NO GRADE REPLACEMENT for DO schools.

Reactions: 1 user
This is wrong information. Consider removing it in your post so someone doesn’t read it and thinks they are good to apply with replaced grades.
This hasn’t been the process for several years. DO GPAs are calculated just as MD GPAs are calculated. There is NO GRADE REPLACEMENT for DO schools.

Sorry, I stand corrected. Got into a DO school 5 years ago so I should've checked that before saying anything.

Reactions: 1 user