Fracture Care

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DarkHorizon

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi PCSM colleagues,

just wondering what percentage of your practice is fracture care? Also very interested to hear from those of you who are part of ortho groups.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is that normal for PCSM? I’m an ortho trauma surgeon, have PCSM docs have taken a bulk of non op fractures prior to my arrival. I’m now establishing frscture clinic and frscture care and invariably absorbing a lot of non op fractures. Obviously it’s causing some friction, so just wondering how common is this.

Is that normal for PCSM? I’m an ortho trauma surgeon, have PCSM docs have taken a bulk of non op fractures prior to my arrival. I’m now establishing frscture clinic and frscture care and invariably absorbing a lot of non op fractures. Obviously it’s causing some friction, so just wondering how common is this.
Non-op fracture care? Yes I’d imagine it’s pretty common, especially for those in ortho based practices. I don’t do any fracture care because I don’t have XR in house but would be willing to if I did have it.

Two nearby ortho groups do most of it. Much of what I see is pediatric cases and stress fractures. Interetingly most recent case was an ASIS avulsion fracture from my school. Doing side line coverage helps to keep some of it in house so to speak

Very normal, in fact, current practice among my group, we (pcsm colleagues) do 90% of it. Perspective i'd look at from your end is, your skills are better utilized in the OR vs. for example managing a simple radial fracture.