Franklin Pierce New Hampshire

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

California93950

CaliforniaPrePTStudent
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,


Here is my dilemma: I have been accepted to Franklin Pierce NH campus but am still waiting on other schools to contact me within the next few weeks. The deposit is 500$ and I do not know too much about the campus. I could throw 500$ towards the deposit to secure a spot or could let it pass by and hopefully get into the other schools. Does anybody have any positive thoughts on Franklin Pierce NH campus? Thanks for reading.
 
I'm also waiting on other schools, but I've done some research into the program myself just in case and it seems like a good program and like a good fit for me. I'm just nervous about moving so far across the country, I'm from Arizona (born and raised, but went to grad school in Philadelphia) and I'm not familiar at all with New England. But, I think it might be a good experience should I end up there! I'm going to put the deposit down, as I'd rather be safe than sorry!

Someone posted this about the program 2 years ago:

I am from New Hampshire and plan to attend Franklin Pierce University-NH DPT program this fall. I thought I'd put this info out there, because as you read through threads here on SDN about FPU-NH, it doesn't seem like there's been a whole lot of positive information. I think the DPT program would benefit from updating it's website to mention some of the factors that may set it apart from other programs, or at least add things that may be of interest to prospective applicants.

Have you had a chance to visit Franklin Pierce? The new (they moved from Concord less than a year ago) space in Manchester is quite nice. It's in the top floor of a restored mill building along the Merrimack River. Manchester has a good amount of things going on, interesting restaurants etc for a city its size. Also great access to the White Mountains (~1hr) for hiking in the summer and skiing in the winter,~40 minutes to the coast and an easy drive or bus ride (~1hr) to Boston , so it seems like quality of life would be pretty good...for time not spent doing school work 😉. The best way to get a sense of what's going on in Manchester is to read the free weekly, the Hippo, also available online: http://www.hippopress.com/ (click on the current cover or the link to view current issue) If you haven't been to NH, you can get a bit of a sense of it by googling the amusing You-Tube video, Granite State of Mind (Jay-Z Parody - The SSP)

At one of my observation sites this winter there was a student in her third year at Franklin Pierce -- doing her final clinical, and she said she felt well-prepared and on par with other students from other programs in previous clinicals, and she mentioned how helpful she's found the professors to be.

If you are at all interested in research, one of the professors is Dr. Cleland, who has won several awards for his research (this article also shows a photo of the Manchester lab space). http://beta.franklinpierce.edu/about/news/Cleland_Rose_2013.htm
and from the previous year: http://beta.franklinpierce.edu/about/news/Cleland_Awards.htm

Here are a few other news items related to the program that can be found via the Franklin Pierce news page:
http://beta.franklinpierce.edu/about/news/Physical_Therapy.htm
http://beta.franklinpierce.edu/about/news/DPT_Seminar.htm
http://beta.franklinpierce.edu/about/news/DPT-Course.htm

Anyway, hope this info helps if you're looking for more info about the FPU-NH DPT program.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,


Here is my dilemma: I have been accepted to Franklin Pierce NH campus but am still waiting on other schools to contact me within the next few weeks. The deposit is 500$ and I do not know too much about the campus. I could throw 500$ towards the deposit to secure a spot or could let it pass by and hopefully get into the other schools. Does anybody have any positive thoughts on Franklin Pierce NH campus? Thanks for reading.


How did they notify you that you were accepted?
 
I was accepted to the NH campus in January, but decided not to attend. However, I did visit the building, which was very nice. The PT program resides on the third floor of a newly renovated warehouse that sits right along the merrimack river. one of the classrooms has a great view of the river. They have plenty of apartment buildings that the students live in, which looked nice, and many places to eat. Overall, the town is very cute. One of my main concerns with the program was the fact that they do not have a cadaver lab, which many other schools do have. I spoke with 2 first years and they seemd to enjoy the program. Ultimately, it wasn't for me though, and I got into my top choice shortly after.

Hope this helps!