Freaking out about the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StayingFocused

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
You guys I need your help!!!!!
I'm just freaking out about the MCAT whenever I sit and study I can't focus and I get so jittery and I just want to cry.
How can I stop myself from being like this??!!!! My scores are horrible right now and my test is August 16:

PS: 7-8
VR: 8
BS: 9

My goals are
PS: 10
VR: 9
BS: 11

I know I can do it, I'm just freaking out I can't handle it :( I have a 3.93 GPA so I'm smart.
I've been studying all summer and all last year and even a little bit after my freshman year. You guys, I really, really need motivation and words of wisdom, maybe some of your own experiences on this.

:(

another thing is I haven't taken many FLs at ALL...when I start taking more of those should my anxiety go down?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just be calm. I know that this is frustrating. I myself went through your period before my MCAT, my frustration is due to my own fault though. I studied for 3 weeks only and in the last week while taking FLs I felt that they were harder than imagined (I didn't do any practice problem before that). You are in great shape, just remember that, you still have one month, enough time to get calmed and make a difference!

I suggest taking FLs starting now, not many, only one a week. This way, it is going to make you feel more comfortable with the test and you can see yourself improve. Yes, the scores on the FLs may still not be ideal, but you have to believe that you can do it! Your score may still change, one month! There could be differences! In the last week or two, I would take a bit more: gearing up to MCAT date. Don't study too much in the 2 days before MCAT though. RELAX

I, myself, when I took the FL, did not see an improvement (until the very last two, which are small improvements), so that frustrated me greatly, however, my score in the end was higher than all my FL. Just remember to keep calm, you can't improve when you are in breakdown mode! Even if you don't see your FL score increase, don't be too disheartened. Remember you can do it!

It is important to be in control of your own mood right now, even if you worry, your score is not going to just go up due to your mood. So keep an openmind! You can do it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone gets freaked out about the MCAT, but like anything in life, if you put in the time, you'll probably get the results you desire.