Free Life Insurance? Too good to be true?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

denttiger

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone.. I'm watching tv and just surfing the web about dental stuff and came across something very interesting. Apparently as a dental student you can get $50,000 free life insurance while you are in school... anyone else heard of this or know anything about it? I can't find a link for the policy and the details... which is never a good sign.

www.insurance.ada.org/student_term_life.php

Yall check it out and let me know what yall think! Hope everyone is having a great summer.

Members don't see this ad.

hey everyone.. I'm watching tv and just surfing the web about dental stuff and came across something very interesting. Apparently as a dental student you can get $50,000 free life insurance while you are in school... anyone else heard of this or know anything about it? I can't find a link for the policy and the details... which is never a good sign.

www.insurance.ada.org/student_term_life.php

Yall check it out and let me know what yall think! Hope everyone is having a great summer.

It ain't free! The charge is included in your ADSA's membership fee that you will be forced to pay :confused::confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
It ain't free! The charge is included in your ADSA's membership fee that you will be forced to pay :confused::confused:

Sad but true. If you resist, you will be hounded until the cows come home. I tried and got sick of hearing it from the class ASDA rep every week, so I caved after a year's defiance. Anyhow, the life insurance through Great-West (ADA) is a good deal and doubles to $100,000 after you graduate with no strings attached aside from maintaining your ADA status.

Sad but true. If you resist, you will be hounded until the cows come home. I tried and got sick of hearing it from the class ASDA rep every week, so I caved after a year's defiance. Anyhow, the life insurance through Great-West (ADA) is a good deal and doubles to $100,000 after you graduate with no strings attached aside from maintaining your ADA status.

haha, isn't the dues like $40? We should get used to paying dues to some sort of organized dentistry...

how much are dues? depending on what they are it could be cheaper to use this option then the one the school or other companies provide right?

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time a dental student died? If never, then the benefit is useless.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time a de
ntal student died? If never, then the benefit is useless.
Unfortunately a dental student at my school died last fall semester and yes her family has gotten or will be getting 50K.

Unfortunately a dental student at my school died last fall semester and yes her family has gotten or will be getting 50K.

Daurang, do you not have a life insurance policy?

Daurang, do you not have a life insurance policy?

I would certainly hope they do. Just think....If something terrible happens to you, do you want those around you to be responsible for any outstanding debt, etc that you have accrued throughout school. It's a small price to pay for comfort. Also, at many dental schools, your ASDA dues are included in tuition or other fees, so you can get the insurance "for free."

I have the free 50,000 and an additional 100,000 in life insurance to cover my family. The policy is really cheap and is based on your age which for most is a good thing. I pay around 35 dollars a year or so not bad for a good policy.

its definitely not too good to be true. the main incentive for offering cheap insurance to dental students is to snag us when we graduate. their intention is to get us to continue our insurance plan when we are practicing dentists...of course at a much higher premium :smuggrin: