free materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

med17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was hoping that there will be some quality materials available for free.. are there?

and for the MCAT Tests that the aamc sell - does it get updated every year or something?

Members don't see this ad.

Check out this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=744496

Most of the major test prep companies also offer a free FL, however, it's usually their diag and not too useful. The main exception would be the AAMC FL.

Here's a quote from that thread which should be helpful:

Virtually ALL of my MCAT review was from online sources, mostly wikipremed, khanacademy, and mcat-review.org. I also made my own O-chem flashcards from a Gold Standard website. I looked over my old O-chem notes once the last week before the test. The only additional science course I have taken besides the pre-reqs is A&P, and my bachelor's degree is in theatre.

Result? 14/11/14. IMO, you do NOT need to shell out money for "big name" test prep material, especially just for content review. It's out there. Practice questions and practice tests, on the other hand, I do think you need to suck it up and purchase.

I was hoping that there will be some quality materials available for free.. are there?

and for the MCAT Tests that the aamc sell - does it get updated every year or something?
Another thing to think about is that even if you have to buy some materials to study from, you will likely be able to sell it to another student very easily and be very close to breaking even (especially if you are using TBR or TPRH). Just something to consider.

Another thing to think about is that even if you have to buy some materials to study from, you will likely be able to sell it to another student very easily and be very close to breaking even (especially if you are using TBR or TPRH). Just something to consider.

Very true. If you go this route, make sure you keep your book unmarked.

Members don't see this ad :)

I've recently searched facebook for the same purpose. As a social media network it's all about giving stuff for free. anyways quite surprisingly whwn I clicked MCAT a product/service jumped up, and they offer some free prep tools if you agree to comment on the materials you use. some sort of a feedback agreement, whatever. Anyways i'm on a waiting list, hoping it will turn out good for a cheapster like me.