• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

Shane41

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2006
Status (Visible)
Anyone know what the most popular gross anatomy book is in dental school? I was wanting to look over some anatomy since I have some free time before school kicks in the fall.

Thanks and if you happen to know at WVU that is where I will be attending

About the Ads

Shane41

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2006
Status (Visible)
i wasnt going to buy a book a friend of mine in pt school was going to send me his netters (if thats how you spell it) anatomy book to look over

1992Corolla

CheerioKing
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
These are the books we use at Temple.

I would also recommend the Flashcards by Netter that come in a nice box.

There is also a book I had in undergraduate but never used until this semester. It is called Color Atlas of Anatomy by Rohen, Yokochi and Lutjen-Drecoll. It is mainly pictures of real cadavers dissected to perfection with great labels.

I also bought a small book called Netter’s Head and Neck Anatomy for Dentistry by Norton. It is just drawings, but has 100’s of tables and clinical considerations in a small concise book.

MaxAnn

10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Anyone know what the most popular gross anatomy book is in dental school? I was wanting to look over some anatomy since I have some free time before school kicks in the fall.

Thanks and if you happen to know at WVU that is where I will be attending

Gray's Anatomy for Students
Gross Anatomy Board Review Series
Netters

ou_jay

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2005
Oklahoma
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Essential Clinical Anatomy is long, boring, & cuts out a lot of important info. I would recommend the resources here: http://anatomy.med.umich.edu/

This site is a med-school anatomy site and presents the type of info you will be expected to learn in a health sciences anatomy class.

dinesh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2005
Canada
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
The Grays anatomy for students has some errors in it.

I like the Clinically oriented anatomy, by Moore and of course a Netters :)

Robert Acklands Dvd's are pretty good as well, saving my arse for Head and Neck this semester.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.