Freshman anatomy book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shane41

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Anyone know what the most popular gross anatomy book is in dental school? I was wanting to look over some anatomy since I have some free time before school kicks in the fall.

Thanks and if you happen to know at WVU that is where I will be attending

Shane41

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
i wasnt going to buy a book a friend of mine in pt school was going to send me his netters (if thats how you spell it) anatomy book to look over

1992Corolla

CheerioKing
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
These are the books we use at Temple.

I would also recommend the Flashcards by Netter that come in a nice box.

There is also a book I had in undergraduate but never used until this semester. It is called Color Atlas of Anatomy by Rohen, Yokochi and Lutjen-Drecoll. It is mainly pictures of real cadavers dissected to perfection with great labels.

I also bought a small book called Netter’s Head and Neck Anatomy for Dentistry by Norton. It is just drawings, but has 100’s of tables and clinical considerations in a small concise book.

MaxAnn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the most popular gross anatomy book is in dental school? I was wanting to look over some anatomy since I have some free time before school kicks in the fall.

Thanks and if you happen to know at WVU that is where I will be attending

Gray's Anatomy for Students
Gross Anatomy Board Review Series
Netters

beezies

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Netter, and The Color Atlas of Anatomy. Don't buy Moore.

BigRedDentist

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
We use Netter's, Liebgotts's and Grant's

ou_jay

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Essential Clinical Anatomy is long, boring, & cuts out a lot of important info. I would recommend the resources here: http://anatomy.med.umich.edu/

This site is a med-school anatomy site and presents the type of info you will be expected to learn in a health sciences anatomy class.

beezies

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Essential Clinical Anatomy is long, boring, & cuts out a lot of important info. I would recommend the resources here: http://anatomy.med.umich.edu/

This site is a med-school anatomy site and presents the type of info you will be expected to learn in a health sciences anatomy class.

That website saved my life.

dinesh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Grays anatomy for students has some errors in it.

I like the Clinically oriented anatomy, by Moore and of course a Netters :)

Robert Acklands Dvd's are pretty good as well, saving my arse for Head and Neck this semester.