-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Freshman GPAs???
Started by rochagurl89
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
1
172858
4.0 first (41 hours - thank you AP and CLEP)
3.8 second (screw you calc 3)
Been pretty much downhill since then 😀
3.8 second (screw you calc 3)
Been pretty much downhill since then 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
4.0 first (41 hours - thank you AP and CLEP)
3.8 second (screw you calc 3)
Been pretty much downhill since then 😀
Your APs were counted in your GPA? Sniff, sniff...
:cry::cry:
The first semester of your freshmen year means nothing...
I got a 4.0
very true
I got a 4.0 first semester and I thought I was sooo cool... then those upper level classes started kicking my a** ....... its SO easy for your gpa to go down.. and SO hard to bring it back up
I got a 4.0 my first semester
I got a 2.8 my second semester- I was in a car wreck and spent Feb-May in physical therapy so it really hurt me!
I got a 2.8 my second semester- I was in a car wreck and spent Feb-May in physical therapy so it really hurt me!
Got a 3.94 for first year, thank you physics I 👎
I was on quarter so: 3.73, 4.00, 2.73 (damm philosophy😡 and instructor ___) NEVER take the same instructor twice in the same grading period it always ends badly
4.0 then 3.8ish then 3.6ish, and then 4.0s throughout.
3.1, then 2.71 :s...
but it only went up from there which is why i think i got accepted.
but it only went up from there which is why i think i got accepted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks for replying!!
Pass. Yay for pass/fail...though it may bite me in the *** later as we were required to take half the premed prereqs frosh year as well.
first: 2.5 overall, 2.0 science
second: 2.62 overall, 2.0 science
it was a slow start.
second: 2.62 overall, 2.0 science
it was a slow start.
3.1 freshman year
3.86
3.74
3.40
3.52
3.68
So I'm on a roller coaster trend. However, my work this past semester and this semester is 1000x better than anything I did the prior two years. I've really turned my study habits, time management, and work ethic around.
3.74
3.40
3.52
3.68
So I'm on a roller coaster trend. However, my work this past semester and this semester is 1000x better than anything I did the prior two years. I've really turned my study habits, time management, and work ethic around.
1
172858
Your APs were counted in your GPA? Sniff, sniff...
:cry::cry:
Yep. The University of Texas allowed you to choose to claim either the grade or the credit. From what I was told, they were to only school in the country that did this. So, since it was so unusual, they ended that program the year AFTER my fish year. Talk about lucky. 😀
3.47
3.63
3.84
3.84
I think....
3.63
3.84
3.84
I think....
3.80
3.00 exactly. I played a lot...
freshman year gpa: 0.00
we had something similar to pass/fail.
i know my actual gpa for my first semester but it doesn't count because my grades will never be uncovered and they will never count towards my cumulative gpa. i slacked off first semester... and still did pretty well! but no 4.0, mind you.
we had something similar to pass/fail.
i know my actual gpa for my first semester but it doesn't count because my grades will never be uncovered and they will never count towards my cumulative gpa. i slacked off first semester... and still did pretty well! but no 4.0, mind you.

M
MrWizard
A wonderful 3.1 ... and I enjoyed every minute of it!
A whopping 2.2 yea!!...don't even ask what my science GPA was that first semester LOL
3.81, would have been a 4.0 if not for the +/- system
D
deleted128318
3.81, would have been a 4.0 if not for the +/- system
Yeah, same with my 2.4.
fucl<ing minuses.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, same with my 2.4.
fucl<ing minuses.
Remember that time we threw Screech a surprise birthday party in your office...during school hours? You were so mad at Zack.
Mine was a 3.6
Over 9000.00
D
deleted128318
Remember that time we threw Screech a surprise birthday party in your office...during school hours? You were so mad at Zack.
If the party hadn't been for Screech I would have backhanded him on the spot.
...anyone else??
...anyone else??
I am a predent, but I thought I'd share mine anyways.
My school goes by quarter, by the way.
1.7
2.0
3.0
2.5
2.7
3.6
3.7
3.9
4.0
4.0
4.0
4.0
...and then i graduated.
For my scholarships, I had to maintain a 3.0. Easy, I thought. I ended up with a 2.9 my first semester. HUGE ego buster.
3.14
quarters
3.23
3.31
3.05
4.00
so far
3.23
3.31
3.05
4.00
so far
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bump
3.7
weird because I didn't do anything but sit in my room and study my *** off. I had the notion that i NEEDED a 4.0 to get into a good med school. Wasn't a good time.
During junior year i began to relax and workout and even do a bit of research. oddly enough even though i was studying less and taking harder classes, i maintained the same GPA???
weird because I didn't do anything but sit in my room and study my *** off. I had the notion that i NEEDED a 4.0 to get into a good med school. Wasn't a good time.
During junior year i began to relax and workout and even do a bit of research. oddly enough even though i was studying less and taking harder classes, i maintained the same GPA???
Yeah... about that... you're screwed. No upward trend will save you.3.86 stupid political science class 👎
hopefully i can show an upward trend 😀
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 648
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 1K