Freshman Inquiry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Walker5483

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a freshman at UT Austin, so all of these stats are expectations/guidelines rather than actual achievements.
Cumulative GPA: 3.8; Science GPA: 3.9
MCAT 514

Research:
As for research, I should have at least 3 semesters under my belt, with one poster presentation.

Clinical:
For clinical experience, I plan on having 1000 hours of clinical experience from a job.
I also plan on shadowing a doctor for 100 hours (this may be more than one specialty/physician).

Non-Clinical:
Other volunteering efforts would include 150 hours of Habitat for Humanity.

Other:

I understand there are no leadership positions listed, and that is because there are no clubs/organizations that speak to me at this moment, and I will not simply join one to climb the ranks.

I plan on applying to UTSW and UTSA as housing would be unnecessary.
I am a Texas resident and a caucasian male.

Any qualifications or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Keep working hard, get involved and enjoy college. Your projected plan is fine but don't be disappointed in yourself if you have to change it. It is so early for you to be worried about what you will have in three years. You know the old saying "the best laid plans...". Focus on your grades. You don't even have a semester GPA yet. Relax. And come back in three years when you have concrete facts and figures. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Ask again during your junior or senior year when you actually begin to apply.