Freshman Worrier

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poker182

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry for this post in advanced. You no doubt must get a lot of these.

Here is my current situation:

I'm at a small liberal arts school on trimesters.

So far I've gotten A's in all of my classes the first two semesters except for Gen Chem.

First semester was a B and second semester was a C+

Overall GPA is now around a 3.6

How will this affect me in the long term? if I turn things around this third term in Gen Chem and do well later, will that bring that C+ up, or are C's the application killer?

Thanks in advanced.

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools don't like to see Cs in prerequisites. Most will consider them a non-issue if you get a higher grade in the next course of the series, or repeat it and get a better grade. And others won't care as long as your cumulative GPA is in the competitive range and your MCAT score is decent, proving you understood the material.

Sorry for this post in advanced. You no doubt must get a lot of these.

Here is my current situation:

I'm at a small liberal arts school on trimesters.

So far I've gotten A's in all of my classes the first two semesters except for Gen Chem.

First semester was a B and second semester was a C+

Overall GPA is now around a 3.6

How will this affect me in the long term? if I turn things around this third term in Gen Chem and do well later, will that bring that C+ up, or are C's the application killer?

Thanks in advanced.

I had a friend who got a C or C+ in physics and he/she will be going to medical school next fall! Just keep working hard, its all you can do! And oh yea, don't forget to have fun!