Freshman Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CarolRossMD68

GO BUCKS
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am about to begin my freshman year at The Ohio State University. Any tips? Advice?

Kate

Members don't see this ad.

tip....dont get addicted to this board to early, its not healthy!
but really, just study hard and work on keeping good grades. at this point for you, that is what is most important :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Go out and play, and skip classes and procrastinate as much as you possibly can. :D
Trust me, you won't get an opportunity to do this later on :clap:

Drink excessive amounts of alcohol, which will lead you to vomit and bust a blood vessel or two in your eyes.

I would say...
Work very hard on getting the highest grades you can. That way if you have a bad semester later on the high GPA will help cushion the bad grades. If you piss away your freshmen year then you will spend the next 3 years trying to raise your GPA and that is the worst way to spend your undergraduate years.

Grades are everything and don't believe anyone who says they aren't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck,
Amy

Originally posted by Amy B
I would say...
Work very hard on getting the highest grades you can. That way if you have a bad semester later on the high GPA will help cushion the bad grades. If you piss away your freshmen year then you will spend the next 3 years trying to raise your GPA and that is the worst way to spend your undergraduate years.

Grades are everything and don't believe anyone who says they aren't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck,
Amy

awesome advice.

i would transfer to umich;)

Originally posted by CarolRossMD68
I am about to begin my freshman year at The Ohio State University. Any tips? Advice?

Kate

Go to the movies a lot. I heard it's dirt cheap in Columbus for students ($3.50, but someone told me that like 4 years ago)...

-RA

study hard, party alot harder. the best way to do this is to study like crazy from sunday night till thursday afternoon, then party from thursday night till sunday morning. its not as easy at it sounds but if you try to adhere to it you'll be fine.

make sure u get good grades and most importantly good teachers. my student advisor screwed me over and i ended up taking chem 1 and 2 twice.

if u have a question about anything, ask. the only stupid question is the one u dont ask. get involved in clubs. like leadership roles. volunteer.

oh yea, dont take more than u can handle.

and of course, have fun, but not too much :D