Freshmen??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doubtnichts

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it me, or are freshmen premeds some of the most arrogant and annoying students out there??
:boom:

Members don't see this ad.

Is it me, or are freshmen premeds some of the most arrogant and annoying students out there??

TrollBGone.jpg

Fixed.

Members don't see this ad :)
don't worry, my first year in the dorms we had 9+ "pre-meds" wallking together to class, studying g. chem together at night... by the time we graduated, there were only 2.

I never really had to deal with annoying pre-meds during college, for some reason, but take solace in the fact that many of them will be culled after their first semester. Many more will fall after the first year. Senses of entitlement and predestination will soon be replaced with resignation and humanities degrees.

I never really had to deal with annoying pre-meds during college, for some reason, but take solace in the fact that many of them will be culled after their first semester. Many more will fall after the first year. Senses of entitlement and predestination will soon be replaced with resignation and humanities degrees.

boy...that sums up the OP's signature. If only he practiced what he preaches....

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass.... it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Couldn't have said it better. Most of those fools end up getting killed in g chem or ochem and then biochem. Good riddance I say.

^yeah; I'm a junior and I put off physics but i'm in it right now and it is FULL of freshman, and they are all pre-med. They all like to boast (even though they've accomplished nothing yet); This is why our class avg around 55 on each test!!:laugh::laugh:

Most will get weeded out by g chem or organic and get business desgrees, but you would be suprised how many have gotten C's/D's in those classes and are in my upper Div biochem class and still thinking they are going to get in. :confused:

um, I'm a freshman... and yeah, there are some annoying premed froshies. The guy who said "Hey yeah, I wanna be a doc, ortho to be exact!" on the first day of chem lab and wearing a PCOM shirt comes to mind.

Strangely enough I got a business degree then turned premed. Now I pull 97's on physics exams while the class average is 50% -- coupled with the highest average in gen chem among [the current] 400 students... Talk bout sum para-docs, eh?

In other words: Don't hate too much on the biznazz majors. ;)

Wow, you're awesome!!

um, I'm a freshman... and yeah, there are some annoying premed froshies. The guy who said "Hey yeah, I wanna be a doc, ortho to be exact!" on the first day of chem lab and wearing a PCOM shirt comes to mind.

Hahaha!! Yeah, this guy is not unlike the freshman guy I mentioned in a previous thread...the one who announced to a speaker that his major was "pre-med for anesthesiology."

It never gets old.

Members don't see this ad :)
:boom:

Yes, because you're the epitome of modesty. "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

NPH

Says freshman that I know from around campus (he is "pre-med")..."hey i've been meaning to talk to you...i need some advice on this whole becoming a doctor thing"... ME---"well..umm...keep your grades up, meet some people,do some things, talk to the adviser" HIM ---"well i got a B in bio I, a C in bio II, and i haven't taken any chemistry yet"....................................*facepalm*

Thanks, I think so too, Bambi.
Where can I send my autograph to? :thumbup:

[I love it when people - like you - get offended by listing actual grades. What would you recommend I did instead? Should I have replied "hey that's not nice. Don't talk about transfer business majors like that. They CAN be SMART! Really! No, I mean it! No, I have no examples - just believe me, please!"...?

Yea, okay, the anecdotal example was at least a little more useful [than that] by making n=1 min.

Sorry, bambi, if you suck/ed enough at the pre-reqs to be jealous from a simple statement [because I mean if you did get all safe A's, then what would be the big deal that I did too, right?]. Feel better now? :)
It would have made more sense for you to take offense if I said something like: "Look, kid, I am top of my class. I am a business major and can out titrate 99.9% of fools on this board. I also graduated top .05% in the B-school -- so kiss my genius butt." ....THEN I would have been "awesome". :rolleyes:

But then again you don't have any issues with a doctor making below 100k a year (from the other thread) -- I think you said 75k is cool [which is beyond the scope of this thread]. So I won't waste anymore time explaining things to you as you prob need a little extra help with general perspective to begin with.]

dddaaaaaaaeeeeemmmnnnnn!!!! Bet you won't hit him!! Bet you won't hit him!!

Strangely enough I got a business degree then turned premed. Now I pull 97's on physics exams while the class average is 50% -- coupled with the highest average in gen chem among [the current] 400 students... Talk bout sum para-docs, eh?

Wow, you're awesome!!

FYI, this was douchebaggery. You can't hate on him/her for calling you on it.

I found your facebook profile pic...

1163955324-douchebag.jpg

I don't think its douchebaggery, why can't someone be proud of their accomplishments??

I don't think its douchebaggery, why can't someone be proud of their accomplishments??

There is proud of your accomplishments...

then there is getting a megaphone and announcing to everyone how good you are.

#1 it reeks of insecurity.

#2 it shows that although you are great, you aren't really the best.

For example, do you think Bill Gates goes around telling people how much money he has in the bank? Nope. He doesn't have to. He knows he can make $ and doesn't need to announce it.

Does Brad Pitt go around telling people he is good looking? Nope. He doesn't have to.

Does Frazier go around telling people how smart he is? ... Yup:thumbup:

I have seen freshman pre-meds come to class in scrubs, keep a stethoscope in their backpack and try to pick up chicks by saying they're pre-med.

Take what you want out of that lol

biznazz majors FTW!

don't worry, my first year in the dorms we had 9+ "pre-meds" wallking together to class, studying g. chem together at night... by the time we graduated, there were only 2.

is this a confession

Business Sales & Marketing, minor econ.

Largely considered as the "communications" and "interior design" of the B-school.
...However, those former listed liberal arts guys likely never had to take things like calc, financial derivatives, tax accounting or game theory. ;)

How about you?

I just went with Administration because I was doing my pre-pharm at the same time. I woulda had to go an extra year to do anything different.

I rocked my econ and finance classes, so I probably would've wanted that route. I hate, HATED, my management classes. Learning about ISO 9000 etc bored me to freakin' tears lol

I figure I'll do my MBA in finance because it'll be the most applicable to what I want to do. That and its just handy to know more about that kinda stuff

Freshmen pre-meds may seem arrogant to those of us further down the path but I think our views are shaded by the fact that we know that 90% or more of those freshmen will never go to med school. It would then seem arrogant for those students to talk about their future as doctors because we've seen so many end up in other career paths. The thing to remember is that most of us were there at some point and we "knew" we would be doctors someday too.

That being said I do have trouble finding the balance between being realistic or honest and being "Debbie Downer" when advising people starting out towards med school. This doesn't neccessarily have to refer to freshmen, either. When you know few "freshmen" you're talking to will make it to med school, it is hard to help the one in front of you beleive they will make it if they try hard enough.

It isn't just you.

Do I see Garrus there? :cool:

I'm a freshman this year. I haven't really met any freshmen pre-meds like this, but then, I don't live at school, so I only see these people in class/lab, and I don't really know what many of them are like out of class. Still, are you guys making some of this stuff up? People keeping stethoscopes in their bags, coming to class in scrubs, and being pre-med for anesthesiology majors? :laugh:

Lol, didn't mean to cause so much animosity...

Frazier, sorry for calling out your bragging. You don't need to lie in the future. Also, it literally made me laugh when you referred to me as "Bambi." Can I refer to you as Reagan?

Says freshman that I know from around campus (he is "pre-med")..."hey i've been meaning to talk to you...i need some advice on this whole becoming a doctor thing"... ME---"well..umm...keep your grades up, meet some people,do some things, talk to the adviser" HIM ---"well i got a B in bio I, a C in bio II, and i haven't taken any chemistry yet"....................................*facepalm*

... and?

I know we've all started off as freshmen and I really didn't mean for this to be under the "troll" suspicion (was shocked by all the replies). It just started off because of this one kid in my health class who think's he's god's gift because he's 1. premed and 2. from Hawaii. Sense this is the student doctor forum I decided to rant about the premed factor :laugh: Seriously this kid will argue anything....according to him Leukemia is a lung cancer and Fibromyalgia kills within weeks of a diagnosis....