You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Fresno State DPT Admissions 2014
Started by tke
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3.26 preI mean 3.36 pre req
3.36 overall
125 hours
congrats on the interview invite; I read PTCAS and it said all candidates who complete the minimum requirements will be allowed to interview.... maybe I will get an email next week
3.26 pre
3.36 overall
125 hours
congrats on the interview invite; I read PTCAS and it said all candidates who complete the minimum requirements will be allowed to interview.... maybe I will get an email next week
You should, I literally got it around 5 pm pacific time today, so they are probably just a little behind. Have you heard anything about the interview process at Fresno state. Also did you apply to any other California schools?
You should, I literally got it around 5 pm pacific time today, so they are probably just a little behind. Have you heard anything about the interview process at Fresno state. Also did you apply to any other California schools?[
I have no idea about the interview; I interviewed at Western U and am still waiting to hear back; good luck!
Received invite today🙂You to! Keep me updated if you get an interview.
Also if anyone knows the process of the interview it would be greatly appreciated.
Have any of you guys received an email back from Fresno about the details of the day of the interview? Times?
noHey guys, have any of you that are interviewing at Fresno received a follow up email containing the details yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone have any idea how many candidates are usually interviewed?
Hey guys! Congrats on getting an interview! I am actually a 1st yr DPT student at Fresno St. so if you have any questions shoot me a personal message! All I have been hearing is that this is the largest candidate pool they will interview 🙂 I believe visitation day is March 8? Good luck with anything and I'll see you guys in 2 weeks!
Hey everyone!
Sorry for the late reply but it's that time, EXAM week 🙂 But I have been getting a lot of messages regarding the interview and I am just going to post what to expect.
Logistics: Last year, visitation day was all day and each candidate was assigned into interview groups (4 students). You get to meet and greet with the department and students before you are sent away. Groups were either sent to interview first and the others received a tour of the campus and facilities led by yours truly and other 1st year students and you guys would switch. This year there will be interviews in the AM and PM so I believe it won't be all day for this year.
Interview: My interview was very laid back and felt like a conservation. They asked questions about your experience in PT, what your thoughts are on direct access, why PT, leadership qualities, research, even scenarios, etc. so just be prepared on all levels. It really depends on the interviewer so I suggest before going into the interview, ask your tour guide about any tips and ask if they know who is giving you the interview (HELPS A LOT!). Also, try to gain as much chemistry you can with your fellow peers and throw out all the egos out the door. Be respectful and acknowledge your fellow interviewees because most likely they ask the same question to everyone. Other than that, just be yourself (I know cliche)! And take the opportunity to ask any questions if there is time.
My classmates and I all know the feeling of interview process and we will make you guys feel as comfortable as possible and less stressed out before the interview.
Hope this helps! Good luck!
Sorry for the late reply but it's that time, EXAM week 🙂 But I have been getting a lot of messages regarding the interview and I am just going to post what to expect.
Logistics: Last year, visitation day was all day and each candidate was assigned into interview groups (4 students). You get to meet and greet with the department and students before you are sent away. Groups were either sent to interview first and the others received a tour of the campus and facilities led by yours truly and other 1st year students and you guys would switch. This year there will be interviews in the AM and PM so I believe it won't be all day for this year.
Interview: My interview was very laid back and felt like a conservation. They asked questions about your experience in PT, what your thoughts are on direct access, why PT, leadership qualities, research, even scenarios, etc. so just be prepared on all levels. It really depends on the interviewer so I suggest before going into the interview, ask your tour guide about any tips and ask if they know who is giving you the interview (HELPS A LOT!). Also, try to gain as much chemistry you can with your fellow peers and throw out all the egos out the door. Be respectful and acknowledge your fellow interviewees because most likely they ask the same question to everyone. Other than that, just be yourself (I know cliche)! And take the opportunity to ask any questions if there is time.
My classmates and I all know the feeling of interview process and we will make you guys feel as comfortable as possible and less stressed out before the interview.
Hope this helps! Good luck!
Hey everyone!
Sorry for the late reply but it's that time, EXAM week 🙂 But I have been getting a lot of messages regarding the interview and I am just going to post what to expect.
Logistics: Last year, visitation day was all day and each candidate was assigned into interview groups (4 students). You get to meet and greet with the department and students before you are sent away. Groups were either sent to interview first and the others received a tour of the campus and facilities led by yours truly and other 1st year students and you guys would switch. This year there will be interviews in the AM and PM so I believe it won't be all day for this year.
Interview: My interview was very laid back and felt like a conservation. They asked questions about your experience in PT, what your thoughts are on direct access, why PT, leadership qualities, research, even scenarios, etc. so just be prepared on all levels. It really depends on the interviewer so I suggest before going into the interview, ask your tour guide about any tips and ask if they know who is giving you the interview (HELPS A LOT!). Also, try to gain as much chemistry you can with your fellow peers and throw out all the egos out the door. Be respectful and acknowledge your fellow interviewees because most likely they ask the same question to everyone. Other than that, just be yourself (I know cliche)! And take the opportunity to ask any questions if there is time.
My classmates and I all know the feeling of interview process and we will make you guys feel as comfortable as possible and less stressed out before the interview.
Hope this helps! Good luck!
Hello Jayo23,
Would you happen to know if Fresno State has a wait list?
Thanks
Hello tke,Just received a letter this afternoon; I am on the waitlist. Does anybody have any idea how large the CSUF wait list is?
Was the letter sent through email or post?
Thanks
mailed to the address we provided at the interview; my residenceHello tke,
Was the letter sent through email or post?
Thanks
Thank you. I'll have to go check. Fingers crossed.mailed to the address we provided at the interview; my residence
good luck; let us knowThank you. I'll have to go check. Fingers crossed.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did they tell you what number on the waitlist you are?Just received a letter this afternoon; I am on the waitlist. Does anybody have any idea how large the CSUF wait list is?
If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?no, I called and they said they do not disclose that information
did your letter mention being waitlisted?No go for this year. Maybe next year will be better. Good luck to everyone else.
Oh wow, I am sorry. Still haven't received mine, I am going crazy. Would you mind telling me your stats?No go for this year. Maybe next year will be better. Good luck to everyone else.
Have you heard anythingdid your letter mention being waitlisted?
Stats:Oh wow, I am sorry. Still haven't received mine, I am going crazy. Would you mind telling me your stats?
B.S. In Finance
cGPA: 3.2
Prereq: 3.4
70hr out patient on deadline, now 100
50hr inpatient on deadline, now 300+
Back to the drawing board and work on summer and fall courses (retake and general chem)
It's crazy. I've been on here for a couple years now and I always read about those that got accepted, waitlisted, and rejected.
Fortunately for me, I am blessed to say that I have been accepted to Fresno State! This is my second time applying so I know the struggle. Trust me! Stay humble and stay motivated guys. Do your best to increase your GPA the next time around if you don't get in this time because I know what it felt like to not get in!
Fortunately for me, I am blessed to say that I have been accepted to Fresno State! This is my second time applying so I know the struggle. Trust me! Stay humble and stay motivated guys. Do your best to increase your GPA the next time around if you don't get in this time because I know what it felt like to not get in!
I got in!!
Congrats! I shall be seeing you in the fall new classmate!I got in!!
It's crazy. I've been on here for a couple years now and I always read about those that got accepted, waitlisted, and rejected.
Fortunately for me, I am blessed to say that I have been accepted to Fresno State! This is my second time applying so I know the struggle. Trust me! Stay humble and stay motivated guys. Do your best to increase your GPA the next time around if you don't get in this time because I know what it felt like to not get in!
congrats on getting in! how many schools did u apply to your first time applying and what did u do differently that you think may have gotten you accepted this time around?
I applied to only one last year. This year I applied to 3 and got interviews for all 3. I did everything I could possibly do to get accepted this time around. From increasing my pre-req GPA to doing extracurricular activities to make myself look outstanding on PTCAS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes I did!
If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?
My cumulative is 3.56
Prerequisite for Fresno is 3.23..I am currently retaking anatomy I and taking abnormal psychology.
My gre was 156 Q 147V and 4.0 W
And I have 250 internship hours
Is FSU a master's program still?
DPT nowIs FSU a master's program still?
Not that I know of. Haven't really gotten any updates from the dept for a couple of months
Good Luck to all those interviewing at Fresno State tomorrow. For those of you interviewing next Saturday, see you there! Hoping for some feedback from those going tomorrow! Good Luck! All the best to you!