friend deployed with AF to Iraq

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glamqueen

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My JAG friend just deployed and arrived in Iraq. He's a Captain, and they gave him a satellite phone with a DC number, and I understand he shares a trailer with another officer, so his accommodations and communication home are nice and better than you would expect. I'm not sure what the conditions are like there where he is when he is at work, though. He's AF, and I think he's at the base there, but I'm not sure. I really should have asked more specifically before he left. However, I have his address, and I'd like to send him a package with some things in it. What sorts of things are good ideas? He's an avid runner, so I was going to put a few running magazines in there for him, but I was unsure what else people over there need?

I thought this would be a great place to ask? Anybody deploy to Iraq and work near the JAGs? Does anyone know what they want/need per their living/working conditions?

Thanks for any thoughts!

Members don't see this ad.